Car Audio Classifieds! banner

Back Up Camera

203 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  SPLEclipse 
#1 ·
I am trying to hook up a back up camera on my 02 Tahoe, I have a Pioneer avh-4200dvd ( whatever it is lol) I hooked up the power to the reverse light power and ground and ran a wire from power reverse light to the violet/white wire on my HU and no pic.... Any ideas please help I'm in the middle of it right now. THANKS

#2 ·
There should be three connections on your backup camera:

1) Positive 12v. This is connected to the positive wire on the reverse lights so that the camera only turns on when the reverse lights are on. Alternatively, you can hook it up to any 12v source you want if you'd like the camera to be on all the time.

2) Negative 12v. Same as above, just to the ground of your choice. Any ground will do, it doesn't have to be the reverse light ground.

3) Composite video cable. This is the RCA that will take the video signal from the camera to the input on the headunit.

On the headunit, the purple/white wire would be connected to the same wire as #1. The light green wire might have to be grounded, I'm not familiar enough with your headunit to know if that's required for rear-view images.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.