This is not a "want to buy" thread. I am only sharing my opinions on amps for a $300 budget.
I am not the world's foremost amp expert. But I have owned and tested my fair share. I am also cheap. I don't like spending more than $300 for an amp either so that's my wheelhouse.
This is my list, in order, if I only had $300 and was looking for a sub amp. It is subject to change at any time and I am open to other suggestions if I am leaving one out or you don't like my rankings. But if you suggest a crap amp, it ain't making the 1st page.
My list. In order. For a $300 budget. Take it FWIW. Obviously some of these amps will have to purchased used to get them around our budget.
- Synergy Audio WFO15.1 (this amp is $350, but that's new with warranty. Great buy)
- Digital Designs M2a or M2b
- Crossfire 1700
- American Bass VFL
- Sundown 1500
- Skar 1500
- SoundStream DTR 1700
- PowerBass ASA 1500
- Massive 3k (2 ohm amp)
- Crunch GP Pro 3k
- SoundStream TA3000.1
- SoundStream RUB 2500
Noteables (and only because they're discontinued, hard to find or not always priced at or under $300)...
- MBQuart Discus
- Used Atomic or RD stuff (1600, 1750, etc)
- IA 20.1 (if you see one for $300, snatch it)
- Kicker 1500 (solid 2 ohm amp. expensive and not very versatile, IMO)
- Rockford Fosgate t1500
Falling from the list is the Crescendo BC2k. Still a good amp. Not in favor of the price increase though.
Added - Skar 1500
- DD M2a or M2b have gotten awfully close to our target budget now. Move them to the very top of the list.
- Crossfire 1700... while it's a long shot to find one near this budget... it's possible. Top of the list.
- (deleted) - DB Drive pd2000. Still a good amp, but by now they're difficult to find and/or have probably been put through the ringer.
- Synergy Audio WFO 15.1 is a great buy. Korean and very well built. $50 over our target budget, but that's new with a warranty so I'm including it.
- Added the SoundStream TA3000.1. It's Chinese and 50 bucks over budget, but it did rated clean in my testing and it's half ohm stable so it's a decent buy if you're one of those people who insists on buying new and has to have a "3k".