Car Audio Classifieds! banner

14 volts

1K views 30 replies 9 participants last post by  tony30cl 
#1 ·
i need help on getting my voltage to stay at 14.0 volts with out upgrading alternator can b expensive kind on budget so wats my best option

#8 ·
alt is the only way. i have ho alt,upgraded battery in the front and 2 batteries in the rear. my voltage while driving and bumping full tilt is song dependant. some songs i stay over 14v but some i dip into the 13s. at a long stoplight my voltage will go all the way down to 12.5 bumping full tilt. amp is a 5k btw.

#9 ·
i need help on getting my voltage to stay at 14.0 volts with out upgrading alternator can b expensive kind on budget so wats my best option
How low is your voltage dipping?

In this order:

Make sure your wires are of appropriate size and connected well. Make sure your amps are not clipping. Do the big 3. Upgrade your main battery/add a secondary battery.
^^ This but make sure you have more power than current draw.

Or run 14v batts with an external voltage reg and kick up voltage to 16.4-16.8v

#11 ·
How low is your voltage dipping?

^^ This but make sure you have more power than current draw.

Or run 14v batts with an external voltage reg and kick up voltage to 16.4-16.8v
well to be honest i dont know actual voltage reading i just currently bought a dmm so but i sold system now im redoing for next set up and want stable electrical i had some dist block melted and local car audo shop told it was voltage drop so so u sayin so u sayin buy 14 volt for a main battery or rear battery

#21 ·
It ups the out put voltage of your alt its tricks the regulator

It tells you what it does on the website and there are a bunch of old threads you can search for on here.

I'm on my phone otherwise I would go into.more depth on.it

#25 ·
you shouldn't..my first setup was factory alt, big 3, 1 shuriken 120ah batt in the rear, walmart batt under the hood, single run of 0ga knu kolossus, and MLA module w/RF T10001bd and voltage sat around 14.4 and never dipped below 13.3. upgraded alt when i traded the RF for a colossus xi:thumbsup:

mla module for single alt is gonna run you around $175 tho..good luck

#24 ·
If you are running 1500 watts you need to concentrate on doing the simple things before you start messing with your voltage. Just IMO.[/QUOT\

yeah im redoing my wiring i sold my amp and subs so im doing so sa12s dual for so my be looking for 1200 to 1500 watt amp and get custom box built i have xspower d925 battery for amp so i be doing big 3

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.