Car Audio Classifieds! banner

Your suggestions for my system

252 views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  psyxo69 
#1 ·
Hello all. I am in need for your help ;)
I have a toyota celica st205 gtfour 1994 year. I would love to stay stock without fabricating any doors. In case this changes i already have some fiberglass door panels with pods from my previews celica that i can just install. It all depends from the system.

Now i dont have much personal experience with midbass speakers in Cyprus and horns. The only 8'' midbass that i tried last week was DRAGSTER DMX8.1 speaker with dtx101(tweeter) i think from the same company. The speaker could play as low as 80hz as stated in the specs and the music was crisp and clear with a good tight bass. Note that i just tried on the display. I think in the car would be much better :p. Now i checked my depth of the 8'' of my celica front doors and its 2 cm smaller than this speaker so it will possibly not fit without cutting the door.

My second option is to use my other panels that have space for two x 6.5'' speakers on each door.

Can you please guys give me your suggestions for systems that i can use 2 way with just a speaker and a horn /or tweeter? I want it clear with good tight midbass for the doors.

I also heard about exodus anarchy ex6.5 midbass. Will this work with just a tweeter or do i need a midrange speaker as well?

Please give me all your suggestions for specific 6.5'' or 8'' midbass speakers and horns/tweeters for my 2-way system ;)

My preference would be 8'' speaker so i can just install it in the stock location.

Thanks.

See less See more
#3 ·
@btsteinb

Thanks mate ;) Ill check the site when i get back home from work.
My budget would be around 600-700Dollars for the speakers.
I already have a 4 channel amplifier : the Soundstream TR500/4
and a clarion dxz588rusb head unit.

Also forgot to mention. That my preferance would be speakers that can be used with a tweeter/horn as a 2 way system and can produce tight bass without the need of modification inside the door or outside if it is possible.

I have read a few reviews of the exodus now and they say it need ported enclosure. So i will delete these from my list.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.