Car Audio Classifieds! banner

Which jigsaw?

788 views 27 replies 16 participants last post by  Eric B 
#1 ·
#2 · (Edited)
#3 ·
#4 ·
Shop BLACK & DECKER 5-Amp Keyless Universal T-Shank Variable Speed Corded Jigsaw at Lowes.com

I have this exact jigsaw and really like it. I have only used it a few times so far, but all the features it has makes it really easy to use. It has a storage compartment on the side that holds 3 blades and is magnetized, which is a nice touch. The accu-bevel is really easy to use, as is the variable speed dial. Just match the speed of the saw to the number of the picture on the side. I just used it cut out a hole for a Type-R 8, and the ability to lock the power switch on made it easy to guide it accurately. Well worth the money in my book. :thumbsup:

#5 ·
I bought the Black and Decker 5 amp also. I used it to make my subwoofer box, and it worked great. Plenty of power, and with the dial, it's easy to go from straight cuts to curves. I bought extra blades, and used a higher number blade (20 I think) to make curve cuts. I worked construction, so I was familiar with the dewalt, and ryobi jigsaws. This one seems to be just as solid to me. For $40, it didnt break the bank either.

#8 ·
Just bought the B&D 5amp. Last one too. Also, Lowes employees are fcking worthless. I was comparing blades and asked a guy if they would be good to cut through some 3" wood. He had no clue and told me, "I don't know. Find the longest one." and walks away to chat with another employee. Worthless. Went to Home Depot and took me literally 3 mins to find someone and help me out.

#9 ·
I got the second one works fine , just a basic jig saw no stupid shit like a lazer or anything lol

#16 ·
i have the 2nd black n decker listed
over 20boxes down and still works like new ( even got that bitch hot cutting thru 2 layers of marine ply..super dense stufff)

#17 ·
i also have a 20dollar harbor freight special jigsaw too.. its gets the job done..
got it on sale for like 15bux

#19 ·
Good sharp blades are the key! Dont get the cheap pack of 10 for $3. Get the good blades and just about any jig will do the trick. But once you use a Bosch,Dewalt,hitachi,festool you will feel the difference.;)

#21 ·
Yes, I agree! The Bosch are awesome, and even the blades from them are really good. I've always used their blades in saws they aren't made for because they are better. Lol

#22 ·
make sure you get the correct amount of teeth per inch on the blades.

#23 ·
just look at the package lol
you want fine cut or rough..

i use both it really dont matter.. becasue i got a BOX full of pre opend jigsaw blades from home depot last year for 20bux
literally a good 8x8" box full of assorted "opened" jigsaw blades

#24 ·
Bosch 4" x 6 TPI is the best blade.
If you never have used one, it will be a new experience..

that plus oribital motion = the fastest/easiest cuts you'll ever make.

Be careful. It's gnarly and it will eat you even just trying to take it out of the package.

Attachments

#27 ·
Not sure if it was said or not but spending 100-150 bucks for a jigsaw I wouldn't do. I'd say buy a cheap one. Why? What if the expensive one breaks? Granite it may still be under warranty but who knows if it's cheap crap made in china...like Craftsman.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.