Car Audio Classifieds! banner

88 jeep cherokee???

890 views 16 replies 4 participants last post by  Bigboiii 
#1 ·
i have a dead igntion wire for the radio and cig lighter. i can seem to find it at the fuse panel. anyone know any thing more about it. help would be greatly appreciated.

i miss my music. i need to get my vehicle running good then i will start to upgrade my audio. but for starters i am throwing in a pioneer deh-590ib and rsd 5.25" in the front doors. but that is all i have for now till i get the mechanical parts of the jeep fixed.
but need this electrical problem fixed first.

i miss my 135 db sundance!!! lol 2- 12" subs ported in a tiny 2 door hatch back pushing like 450 watts to each sub. i miss that set up.

#2 ·
replace all blown fuses because the Chrysler fuse panels share between the circuits.

you prolly don't have brake lights either.. FYI

Brake fuse possibly

#6 ·
Hey jarrad how's it goin?
Those street edge's could take some powa! haha

Does your deck turn on/off with ignition? If so, there is a switched power to it
Does the deck stay on? If so, the ignition wire is staying on (bad) or someone spliced the switched into the constant.

What all wires do you have behind the deck in the stock harneses?

#7 ·
all the wires are there but the ignition wire doesn't get power when the car is on or off. the constant has power at all times and ground is good. so i have a feeling there is a break in the wire between the radio and fuse box or ignition. but i cant seem to find that wire at the fuse box, so i think not being able to find the wire might be a problem. i hope i am just overlooking it tho. but if anyone knows where the wire should be help would be appreciated.

#10 ·
If the ignition is OFF at all times @ the radio, then it may be OFF at all times at the fuse box too, so thats why your not finding it there.

Idn about jeeps, but pull the bottom of your steering column off, and throw a tester on the wire coming from your ignition and see if you get any current there (turn the key on of course). If nothing, like iamsonic said, probably a bad ign switch

Otherwise, does anything come on in the dash when you turn the key on (warning lights, air bag lights, etc)? If so, find where their getting power (because it's gotta be a switched power thats only on when the truck is), and splice (splice meaning use a relay) into that

#13 ·
i am probly going to grab a multimeter and try some other stuff tomorrow all i have right now is a test light so it is hard to chk cont

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.