Car Audio Classifieds! banner

gm alt plug help ( pix )

4K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  drunkenwhippeT 
#1 · (Edited)
hello sirs of caco - im switching out my stock gm alternator ( cs130 i believe ) to a singer 6 phase hairpin 320a unit - arrives to my door in 3 days - i currently have in my posession this nice plug adapter from singer alternators that will plug in my old style plug to new style alternator plug -
but
from some quick research on the internet - i have found this pic showing the new style alternator plug designation / and function

right now - this is the alternator and plug that is in my viechle properly working :)

note this factory plug has 4 possible connecting slots - the two middle slots are used to plug in the factory red and black wires.

on the adapter harness i have recieved with my singer alternator looks like this

note how all 4 possible connecting slots are filled with connection terminals

simply pluging this adapter harness to my factory harness will leave the 2 outside wires of the jumper piece connected to nothing.
and
from what i can tell - the red wire is the voltage sensing wire that needs to be hooked up to ? what you tell me.... battery positive ?
something doesnt seem right about just plug and play on this piece - maby the red wire needs to switch places with the green or blue wire on the adapter ?

See less See more
#2 ·
hmm..didn't use the plug n play adapter myself..cut n splice the and followed the plis pattern from each one with the red one on yours is actually a blue one on mine that uses the feedback on voltage...

nevermind...looking at colors are all different then mine...done the same swap from the cs 130 to ad244 also...

#3 ·
on my cs130 to AD244 swap I initially just hooked the L to the stock wire, and it worked. Hooked the sense to the b+ to see if it would help, and made no difference on my voltages. So if you plug and play it should work, but you could go ahead and run the red wire to b+ if you want. I was concerned the field wasn't getting enough current, because revs made very little difference on the voltage when it was sagging so I hooked up the sense as well. but from my reading just the L line is enough to run it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.