Votes: 1 3.4%

Votes: 5 17.2%

Votes: 7 24.1%

Votes: 8 27.6%

Votes: 8 27.6%

Hey look! An awesome poll. Help pick my new door layout

1K views 34 replies 17 participants last post by  OdinsHammer 
#1 ·
I'm getting ready to do another set of doors because, well, I'm bored. Can't decide which layout to go with this time around. Interior door handle will be shaved and possibly the window switches relocated. Currently run a 10" Beyma 10mi100 and PRV tw450 in each door so I'll just be adding the same equipment accordingly. Now onto the contenders

See less See more
#7 · (Edited)
If u ask me your options u have don't look right. Maybe because there not finished but I think Steve Meade doors are some of the sexiest Tahoe doors I seen.

Or your number 2 option but move it as far the the left as u can so it won't be blocked by the seat

Attachments

#9 ·
There's only so much you can do with 2 or 3 10's in a door. Steve has an 8 and some 6.5's and with those sizes, the possibilities are endless.

I'm not worried about the seat blocking the speakers. They will still be heard just fine and I won't be driving around with the system full tilt with mids/highs like that. If you've ever heard a setup like this in person, you'd know it's not bearable to sit next to for extended periods of time

#11 · (Edited)
Why does the bass have to be as loud or louder than the front stage? No one ever comments when people have a set of components up front with a substage that does 150's, yet when someone wants to have a front stage that is louder than the substage, it immediately gets questioned. Makes absolutely no sense

Oh and the front stage will have more power than the substage too. 5k to the front doors and about 3500-4k out back

#18 ·
To be louder than my substage, that's why. I don't understand why people have 1 or 2 sets of components and do mid 50's on music

Don't care for any of the layouts. I'd do both tweeters at the front/up high, then mids along bottom towards the front. Depending upon tweeter layout you might want to do a single one in each A pillar also.

10's aren't that hard, try 15's in the doors....
Single 15 isn't bad. Already did it in my front doors but didn't want to sacrifice the amount of legroom needed to do 15's. I have a single 10 right now and that was as easy as it gets. Any single speaker arrangement is easy, it's when you get to 2-4 large speakers and trying to make it look halfway decent is when things get tough

#21 · (Edited)

I was hoping to be able to do it without moving the rings closer to the panel so I would get away without cutting any sheetmetal but the tweeter rings and rear 10 hit the seat controls. When I get home from school next week I'll tear into the doors and start cutting away at the metal

I can do this layout without getting rid of the door handle or moving the window controls but I feel like this is the most common way people fit multiple drivers in a door

#29 ·
Now that there I like. And still have door functionability, handle, electric windows, etc.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.