Rockford Fosgate 3Sixty.3 DSP Processor Blue-Red Flashing - Car Audio Classifieds!
Car Audio Classifieds!  

Go Back   Car Audio Classifieds! > Car Audio Help & Discussion > General Car Audio Discussion & Questions

General Car Audio Discussion & Questions All general car audio discussion goes here. Need help installing speakers, headunits, amps or electrical? Having problems with equipment? Have questions about a product, post here.

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2014, 03:34 AM
Brand New Members

Activity Longevity
0/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssssss3
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Angry Rockford Fosgate 3Sixty.3 DSP Processor Blue-Red Flashing

I recently got RF 3Sixty.3 DSP processor installed in my 2005 Acura TSX. Most things function properly, but the 3Sixty.3 is giving off a 'Red & Blue' flashing light when I turn on the car. It won't play any audio until I hit the reset button (with the car on). The DSP works perfectly well after I press the 'reset' button. Then, the process repeats after I turn off my car and turn it back on.

My system is as follows:

2005 Acura TSX w/Premium Factory Sound system (now upgraded)
'Big 3 Upgrade'
Relatively new battery and alternator (OEM specs)
Phoenix Gold TI 2 1600 5-Channel Amplifier (all settings left at default)
Rockford Fosgate 3Sixty.3 DSP Processor
Hi-Level inputs going into the DSP
2 DD Audio BC 6.5 Components up front w/custom passive crossovers
2 6.5" 4ohm Silver Flutes in the rear door panels
1 JL Audio 12w6v2-d4 Subwoofer
Sound deadening on all four doors
Factory amp bypass

RF Tech Support indicates that the Red & Blue flashing light means a low voltage problem. However, my DSP is directly powered from the car battery (I'm not sure where the Remote wire is coming from). I've hooked up a digital multimeter to the ground and B+ (12v) terminals of the 3Sixty.3 power harness and I get a steady 12.6V when the car is off. This voltage momentarily dips down to about 10.7v when the car is cranked and then it immediately shoots up to 13V or 14V and stays there.

So, according to RF Techn Support, the root of the problem is that the voltage drops below 12V when the car is switched on. This happens for literally one second or less. The 3sixty.3's "Operating Voltage" is advertised on their website as "9 - 16 VDC". So, I don't see how or why a rapidly transient 10V signal would cause the DSP to lock up.

RF Tech Support is recommending putting a line capacitor to counteract voltage fluctuations before the power gets to the 3Sixty.3. I'm sorry, but I refuse to follow such a ghetto workaround for a $500 "high-quality" machine that is supposed to work right out of the box. The website even states that the 3Sixty.3 has an operating range of "9V to 16 VDC".

At the least, RF DSP programmers should include an option for a delayed turn-on in the processor so as to counteract this issue. Even a 1-second delay in power on the DSP would resolve the issue.

Do you guys have any quick, painless and cheap solutions? Your help is much appreciated. Thanks! :-)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-18-2014, 04:25 AM
Tinder Douchebag

Activity Longevity
2/20 13/20
Today Posts
1/11 sssss7116
Feedback Score: 11 reviews

Best advice: wire up a toggle switch to the remote turn on input the unit and just manually turn it on.

Or wire in a push button to reset the power to it on the fly after the car is on.

New Mini Push Button SPST Momentary N O Off on Switch 10mm Red | eBay

team graham

offerup elite expert team 2016
Old 10-18-2014, 08:16 AM
CACO Member

Activity Longevity
0/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss245
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

<p>&lt;p&gt;If your voltage is dropping into the 10's during starting you have a weak battery or the starter is going out. I am going to assume you have a big system and you only have one battery? Your battery might not be getting all the way charged if you're running stock alternator. The voltage might be getting lower than that. Go see what the battery voltage is in the morning cold, not been running already. Its prob lower than usual, now check voltage while cranking. Just because a battery is reading good voltage doesn't mean it's not bad. Have it load tested. And if I'm wrong about all that you can get a time delay relay and adjust how long it takes to turn on, there at some cheap ones on eBay.

Last edited by expo615; 10-18-2014 at 08:36 AM.

Old 10-18-2014, 08:32 AM
CACO Member

Activity Longevity
0/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss245
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Well I missed the part with the system description. Not a very power hungry system, I'm going with bad battery or starter. There is no way your Acura should pull that much current to start it.

A capacitor would dump its charge during starting. A diode on the power wire might work for a quick fix. Even better a diode with a cap in front of it.

I have a 3sixty.3 but its not installed yet. But I've seen other posts about the flashing light problem and they had to send it in for repair.
Old 10-18-2014, 01:21 PM
Elite Member

Activity Longevity
0/20 20/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss4405
Feedback Score: 9 reviews

Seems like the issue might be in the rapid on/of/on cycle through the remote wire voltage drop. The operating voltage may be as low as 9v, but the relay inside the unit activated by the remote wire is probably cycling with that low of a voltage. You could try a cap in parallel with the remote wire (possibly in combination with a diode to keep voltage "forward" of the cap like expo mentioned) or try another wire for the remote turn-on.

Sounds annoying, so best of luck to you.
Old 10-19-2014, 05:03 PM
Brand New Members

Activity Longevity
0/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssssss3
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Thank you for the advice! You guys are of great help! I will try the delay relay solution and report back.

I also want to add that the 3Sixty.3 does turn on some of the times when the car is started. It seems pretty random.
Old 10-21-2014, 03:50 PM
CACO Member

Activity Longevity
0/20 12/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss102
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Corroded connections on the battery could also be a cause if its some times coming on and other times not. I would tripple check connections before just running a relay much easier work.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement