Elemental Design 11kv.2 dual 4 - Car Audio Classifieds!
Car Audio Classifieds!  

Go Back   Car Audio Classifieds! > Car Audio Help & Discussion > General Car Audio Discussion & Questions

General Car Audio Discussion & Questions All general car audio discussion goes here. Need help installing speakers, headunits, amps or electrical? Having problems with equipment? Have questions about a product, post here.

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2014, 08:38 AM
New CACO Member

Activity Longevity
0/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default Elemental Design 11kv.2 dual 4

Hey guys looking to run a set of these in my f150 crew cab. I have limited space under the seats. I have a fox acoustic box that is 2.12 ft tuned to 36 hz. Im going to line the box inside with poly to help offset the drivers. I have a nine.2x amp to power these. These are dual 4 so they should be able to wired series/parallel for a final 4.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-21-2014, 08:41 AM
New CACO Member

Activity Longevity
0/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss41

also looking at skar and ct sounds tropo v1 but they are new and higher

Last edited by 13TuxEco; 10-21-2014 at 09:07 AM.
Old 10-21-2014, 03:45 PM
CACO Member

Activity Longevity
0/20 12/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss102
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Where are you finding the ED's at? Thoses are some pretty sweet subs when they were being made before ED got into some shit. Skar makes some great subs as well I am running a pair of their shallow mounts in my truck right now.

Old 10-21-2014, 04:29 PM
Cereal Killer

Activity Longevity
0/20 17/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss655
Feedback Score: 13 reviews

I actually just got one of these lil 10s about 3 weeks ago. I threw it in an old crappy 1cft box and hooked it up to my Soundstream DTR1.1700 at 2ohms and I was very impressed with the output from this 10,sealed at that. But it was getting a LOT more power than it needed lol. Still tho for 1 10" sealed it was impressive!

As for your setup,that box is probably a tad too big and tuned a lil too high. Personally I would definatly run these subs sealed in about .5-.75cbft each. If I were to go ported I would do about .8-1cbf per sub, tuned low,around 32hz. Thats just me though. Of course your box will work but these subs are meant more for SQ so that 36hz tuning is a lil too high IMO. Here is the only info I could find on the subs,looks like it was probably copy/pasted from the ED website before it was gone.

FS: (For Sale) Elemental Designs 11kv.2 10" Subwoofer - NASIOC

Oh if you ever wanna sell them or even one, I will buy them!
HU Alpine CDA-9813 Comps Crescendo Audio CCX 6.5" Sub Ascendant Audio Havoc 15" Sub Amp Diamond Audio D6 1000.1 Comp Amp Clarion DPX2250 Wiring/RCAs Knu Kolosses Fleks 4ga x2runs/Knu Karma SS RCAs x2 Sub Enclosure Fisher Customs 4cft 34hz w/ 2 4in. aero ports

Last edited by TWiZTiD859; 10-21-2014 at 04:32 PM.
Old 10-21-2014, 05:37 PM
Partially Unwound

Activity Longevity
0/20 19/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2697
Default Full Specs

Here are more complete specs:
Elemental Designs
Old 10-21-2014, 05:41 PM
New CACO Member

Activity Longevity
0/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss41

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWiZTiD859 View Post
I actually just got one of these lil 10s about 3 weeks ago. I threw it in an old crappy 1cft box and hooked it up to my Soundstream DTR1.1700 at 2ohms and I was very impressed with the output from this 10,sealed at that. But it was getting a LOT more power than it needed lol. Still tho for 1 10" sealed it was impressive!

As for your setup,that box is probably a tad too big and tuned a lil too high. Personally I would definatly run these subs sealed in about .5-.75cbft each. If I were to go ported I would do about .8-1cbf per sub, tuned low,around 32hz. Thats just me though. Of course your box will work but these subs are meant more for SQ so that 36hz tuning is a lil too high IMO. Here is the only info I could find on the subs,looks like it was probably copy/pasted from the ED website before it was gone.

FS: (For Sale) Elemental Designs 11kv.2 10" Subwoofer - NASIOC

Oh if you ever wanna sell them or even one, I will buy them!

how could I drop the port thats already made into the box. its vented in a square?
Old 10-21-2014, 05:54 PM
Cereal Killer

Activity Longevity
0/20 17/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss655

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13TuxEco View Post
how could I drop the port thats already made into the box. its vented in a square?
Well, you would have to rebuild it lol. Or cover up the port and run it sealed? I wouldnt suggest that though,it would look bad IMO. Just buy a decent pre-fab sealed box but make sure its at least 3/4" MDF. Theres a guy on ebay, (Brightstarcaraudio I think?) that makes some decent looking enclosures made from 3/4" MDF and I know he has a dual 10" that would work,or get two single sub enclosures. If you absolutley have/want to go ported look for 1cbft per sub enclosure sealed and get youself a couple 2" aero ports and make em about 8" long and put them in the sealed enclosures. Then you will have a 1cft ported to 32hz enclosure.
HU Alpine CDA-9813 Comps Crescendo Audio CCX 6.5" Sub Ascendant Audio Havoc 15" Sub Amp Diamond Audio D6 1000.1 Comp Amp Clarion DPX2250 Wiring/RCAs Knu Kolosses Fleks 4ga x2runs/Knu Karma SS RCAs x2 Sub Enclosure Fisher Customs 4cft 34hz w/ 2 4in. aero ports
Old 10-21-2014, 06:13 PM
Cereal Killer

Activity Longevity
0/20 17/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss655

Here are some enclosure options

2 of these for ported,add 1 3" aero port 14" long for 32hz tuning per box

1.2 Cu Ft Single 10" Sealed Car Subwoofer 3/4" MDF Enclosure/Box

2 of these for sealed,but you could also use these ported if you wanted to,its a lil on the small side and you would have to change the aero port to 1 2" around 10"-10.5" long and it would bring tuning up to around 34hz,to tune lower or to use a bigger areo like a 3" port,the port tube would have to be longer than the box would allow so thats why you would need a 2" port 10-10.5" long in this box

Single 10" Sealed Car Subwoofer 3/4" MDF Enclosure/Box 0.77 Cu Ft

If you want a dual enclosre,this would work sealed or ported,for ported use 1 2" aero 9.75" long per sub chamber for a 32hz tune

Dual 10" Sealed Car Subwoofer 3/4" MDF Enclosure/Box 1.6 Cu Ft

This for ported,use 1 3" aero port 14.7" long per sub chamber for 33hz tune

Atrend 10DM Hatchback Style Sealed Subwoofer Enclosure

This one is same airspace,.77,as the second single box I listed so for ported follow the second desription

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...rend-10DS.html

Those are just a few options but really it would be best to get plans from a professional and build it yourself or have a member on here that knows their stuff to build you whatever kind/type of enclosure you want.

Edit: On second thought those enclosures that are .77cbft are probably too large to use sealed so I would suggest only using those ported.

Last edited by TWiZTiD859; 10-21-2014 at 06:19 PM.
Old 10-21-2014, 08:04 PM
New CACO Member

Activity Longevity
0/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss41

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWiZTiD859 View Post
Well, you would have to rebuild it lol. Or cover up the port and run it sealed? I wouldnt suggest that though,it would look bad IMO. Just buy a decent pre-fab sealed box but make sure its at least 3/4" MDF. Theres a guy on ebay, (Brightstarcaraudio I think?) that makes some decent looking enclosures made from 3/4" MDF and I know he has a dual 10" that would work,or get two single sub enclosures. If you absolutley have/want to go ported look for 1cbft per sub enclosure sealed and get youself a couple 2" aero ports and make em about 8" long and put them in the sealed enclosures. Then you will have a 1cft ported to 32hz enclosure.
na not looking to rebuild it. it thats the case ill go with 4-8" subwoofers firing foward. I like the fox box because it fit nicely under the rear seat and it only costed 150.00
Sponsored Links
Advertisement