Car Audio Classifieds! banner

mainstream euipment

633 views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  hurrication 
#1 ·
has anyone on here ever tried to see what they could do with only mainstream equipment?
I was at 151 with l7's and a 2500 in the blazer but after that I went to DD for amps.

#4 ·
I've heard some decently loud mainstream setups, but nothing that was crazy. And most I've heard didn't do well on the low end. I have actually been the most impressed with how loud and low Alpine type R's and X's get. Back in my highschool days a buddy of mine had 4-12" kicker l7 on a kx2500 tuned to 34hz and was loud as hell...but my 2-12" Diamond audio D6 (aka macdaddy's in the day) on my Memphis mojo2500 slaughtered his setup in the mid 30hz range and under 30hz.

#6 ·
151.9 on my Type X's. I can't remember the amp I was used at the time. I think I was using a couple jbL gto

#9 ·
What about T-Fade's Pyle setup lol, what about ORION BassMechanic's VAN?

Mainstrean can get as loud but the problem is how they sound, yess you can install em' in a good sounding box but you need an Astro and you will end up with 10% of the rated power handling, anyway don't think something comes close to PIONEER when it comes to LOWZZZ, with TS-308's they dig a lot lower than the Zv.3's (same box), they dig lower than the SA's too but they don't have 1% of the clearity lol, so their Quality sucks but they dig LOW really!

Kindest Regards.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.