Car Audio Classifieds! banner

Any one use fatmat in the last year or so?

420 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  e46inperrycounty 
#1 ·
I have been hearing that fatmat changed there backing and its rubber based and not asphalt based. This true or are they just spreading lies?

Just my .02

#2 ·
Who knows.. I know they've been caught lying before and for as long as they spent selling rebadged peal and seal at a markup, I'd never run it regardless of what they've done as a company now. Too many guys are using butyl and always have. Then you have SDS who has always been a no BS company when it comes to deadener selling top quality stuff.

#4 ·
Yup, if your not using vibraflex and want just a normal butyl deadener, your not going to do any better than SDS tiles.. For guys who use a lot, they are one of the most effective and lightest deadeners available.. This is due to the high quality butyl and very thick aluminum layer making for a very effective constraining layer (the CL, in CLD tiles)

#5 ·
Fatmat is butyl currently. We used some in the jetta a while back and it was butyl and we were pretty happy with the price however it is super thin and doesn't seem to do much as a single layer. Be ready to use a ton of it to get the desired effect. Then again we are used to vibraflex and it's a 1 layer and done situation. Been considering getting something like Fatmat to use as a constraining layer for the vibraflex just to help it look finished and possibly aid in cold weather situations that people have been having but we haven't had any of those issues here and it's been -15 up here since we put the vibraflex in Dakota's jeep...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.