Car Audio Classifieds! banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

What subs to run and how many.

1K views 24 replies 7 participants last post by  1loudmonte 
#1 ·
I have a 2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo. Im wanting to run 2 15" HDC3's in a ported box in the trunk. I was wanting to know if anyone has done this and if there is enough room for them in the trunk. Thanks.

#3 ·
Im not sure how much room there actually is back there but I have had 4 12's sealed in a box that measure 34"x34"x14" , If I can't fit 2 15's then I should be fine with 2 12's.

#5 ·
oh ok , yeah Ive had 1 15 l7 in it and it was tight getting it down in there in height. I will go with the 2 12's. what kind of numbers can be expected with the 2 12s running 1 aq2200d per sub, in a 5 cube box ported and tuned to about 38 hertz. The box will be made out of 2 layers of 3/4" mfd and fiberglassed inside. The electrical system has the big 3 upgrade, bigger alternator, and xs power batter in the back with all 0/1 gauge wire. Im trying to get up around 150- 151db. Is this possible with this setup?

#7 ·
I would like 2 do the 2 15's but Im afraid that I wont be able to get the box down in there after it is built.

#10 ·
how would I go about finding him, Im new to the site. oh Ok I didn't know audioque showed a 2001 dodge intrepid with 1 15" hdc3 in the trunk hit a 150 with 1700 watts and 151 with 2900 watts.

#13 · (Edited)
So if I take out the back seats and build the box to fit that way then I shouldn't have a problem getting them in then. Doing it that way with the subs and port facing in the cabin of the car help with increasing the db level?

#15 ·
Im looking at getting either 2 15" HDC3 with copper coil or 2 12" HDC3 with copper coil. Running a AQ2200D on each sub. I really want to get to around 150 db. I just need to know how to get there.

#17 ·
I will proablly go with the 15s and just build the box to fit. I would really like to wall the car or maybe switch to a small exteneded cab truck or maybe suv.

#23 ·
Well I switched over to a 97 honda civic 2 door coupe. Its gonne be walled with 2 15" HDC3 with each one powered by a AQ 2200D. So it should be pretty loud..

#25 ·
I still have the monte, I just purchased the civic as a daily driver...

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.