Car Audio Classifieds! banner

Mounting a sub in my center console

940 views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  Benny33 
#1 ·
I got a 2008 Sierra work truck single cab and I'm thinking about mounting a sub in the center console firing down. My question is can I just take out some of the foam insulation from the bottom and build a cap with the sub mounting hole in it and attach it to the bottom and get good sound out of that. Or do I really have to build a whole box and insert that into the bottom of the center console? It's a weird question but I'm an amateur and I wanna try it this way but really don't know how the sub will sound if I do it the first way.

#2 ·
I would build a box for it...hang on I'll find MoneyInc's build log and show you how he did it

#3 ·
#4 ·
I would suggest removing your center console and building a new one. Thats just my :2:. Here are some pictures of my console I had for my 1999 Silverado for a single DD 9510G.

#7 ·
Thats sick, how much to have you build one similiar for the 4runner? It would have to be a little different since my stupid e-brake goes through the center console...

#6 ·
thanks for the input, that box looks awesome sundown...too bad I am nowhere near that good. I'm just trying to retain the stock looks of the center seat. I'll take it out this weekend and snap some pics and you guys tell me what you think I should do with it. There's no big rush since I won't get the subs till after the 1st anyways.

#10 ·
sounds like a good time. I'm thinking about putting a JL 8" I'm getting local for cheap in there. Or maybe a polk 10

#11 ·
This one looked stock in a ford lightning. Ended up squeezing in a JLw7 10' in there. Sounded pretty good(sq install) powered by some old kick ass linear power amps. Had the seats cut from 60/40 split to two buckets in the front. Not too much room in there, driver is a 6'5" and 300+ pound lineman.
It's not too hard if you start with all the right parts.
Sorry for the pic quality, best I've got.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.