Car Audio Classifieds! banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

AQ1200, is it a wise choice?

2K views 23 replies 16 participants last post by  crash9201 
#1 ·
Ok, looking at the AQ1200 I think its perfect for my choice of subs, I want it to drive Two 12" Alpine type R D4 subs @ 1 ohm, that's 600watt rms driving each subwoofer, (alpines slightly underrated anyway). so is this amplifier suitable? alpines will be in a 4cubic ft box tuned to 32hz.

Thanks!

#9 ·
lol I'm using the type R subs because I love them, and the SQ is amazing.

Anyway, no Type R's will not take 1200wrms CEA rated watts, I've seen this dude on youtube "monkeypumper420" blow one with about 750wrms just to prove they cant take more than 700wrms daily.

#15 ·
lol I'm using the type R subs because I love them, and the SQ is amazing.

Anyway, no Type R's will not take 1200wrms CEA rated watts, I've seen this dude on youtube "monkeypumper420" blow one with about 750wrms just to prove they cant take more than 700wrms daily.
lol

#21 ·
Back to the original question yes an AQ1200 would be a great match for your subs. Great amp with even better Customer Service what other Company can you cal and get the owner on the phone to help you with your situation? I'll give you a hint it's not Alpine, Memphis or JL Audio!

#23 ·
alpines are very good subs..there are better subs out there yes..but not really for the price range..a pair on ebay is like what ( 220 buks)...... me personally had 4 alpine type r 12s had 2 subs on a american bass 100.1 and the other pair on a american bass 80.1.. i used the pair on the 80.1 for daily use..and they took all the amp..and never let me down......

but the audioque 1200d is PERFECT for the type rs

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.