Car Audio Classifieds! banner

best way to remove dent from cone?

613 views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  donjuan45i 
#1 ·
have a diamond audio D6 a 15 that has a nice dent in dustcap. It seems to be made out of some kind of metal. sub is new otherwise, just wanting to know what options I could try to cover it up or pop out the dent.

#3 ·
im going to try that next. The sub is new though I dont want to scratch it. I tried the toilet paper roll thing with no luck.

I looked online and on cars they do the heat up with hair dryer, then cool it with a electronics duster upside down. Makes sense but not sure if I want to try it with the difference in metal on the sub.

#12 · (Edited)
Gotta love duct tape. Got it to pop back out. theres still a tiny dent im assuming that was the point of impact that caused the whole dent. But the cone looks much better. still can see it but you have to look kinda hard but much better. Now I dont feel as bad.

I placed duct tape on cone, and what I did was with my nail I went back and forth on the duct tape all over where the dent was. Making sure the adhesive was grabbing as much as it could. then just pulled quick on that bad boy. on second try POP! then I kept going and tried pulling it up even more trying in different directions, doing same thing with my nail. that brought it back even more. at least it didnt crease, can still kinda see an imperfect surface not nice and completely smooth but happy with results. Best part is no residue, or damage to finish!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.