Car Audio Classifieds! banner

Active with 2- 4 channels?

674 views 15 replies 4 participants last post by  da box king 
#1 ·
I want to redo my front stage, and I have 2 ppi pc4400.2 to work with as amps. I was wondering if I could bridge both amps and still go active. I was thinking of doing a set of selenium pro 8" mids, and a pair of the cresendo xst2 supertweeter. So would have 200 rms to work with on each driver. So can I do this?

#6 ·
With PA drivers you don't need much power, most PA drivers will get insanely loud with little power. As little as 50-75rms on mids and 10-15rms on horns.

#3 ·
Can you bridge the amps, and still go active? With that setup, yes.

Wire it up, and see how it sounds. PA gear should have a much higher sensitivity, which will help with the "lower" power. But you're running an amp bridged, which will give you more power per side...

#5 ·
Yes you can still run active. Only suggest I have is something that would play a little lower then the Selenium (assuming you mean the 8W4P).

#13 · (Edited)
I don't think the 'combine' button will work in this situation. That's if you want to run front and rears off of single pair of RCAs. Rear left receives signal from front left, and rear right receives signal from front right.

In this case, don't want that. like shown in that masterpiece pic above, you want the "Front" section of the amp to receive only left signal, the "Rear" to receive right signal. Or vice versa. up to you.

I prefer to bridge amps if using 8ohm speakers or get individual gain setting for speakers if my HU or processor doesn't allow.
oh and for more POWA. cheaper to bridge a 4 channel than buying a beefy 2 channel... w/ L/R gains.

#14 ·
I don't think the 'combine' button will work in this situation. That's if you want to run front and rears off of single pair of RCAs.

In this case, don't want that. like shown in that masterpiece pic above, you want the "Front" section of the amp to receive only left signal, the "Rear" to receive right signal. Or vice versa. up to you.

I prefer to bridge amps if using 8ohm speakers or get individual gain setting for speakers if my HU or processor doesn't allow.
oh and for more POWA. cheaper to bridge a 4 channel than buying a beefy 2 channel... w/ L/R gains.
yes that picture was a masterpiece....haha, tho it got the point across.

any idea on other tweeters other than the cresendo supertweets?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.