Car Audio Classifieds! banner

Good 15's for a forth order bandpass

1K views 22 replies 7 participants last post by  KAPONE.SS 
#1 · (Edited)
Good 15's for a fourth order bandpass

I am looking for some 15" subs that do well in 4th order bandpass. I am thinking about doing 4 15's bandpassed in my trunk. Looking for subs that will do good at 1500-1750w. So help me decide on what to run.

#2 ·
4 15's in a bandpass in a trunk? Really? I don't care what trunk that is, but I highly doubt you have anywhere near that much room. My 4th order for my 2 10s is 9.1 cubes externally, and that's not even a proper size. I want to do some testing with 1 10" sub to see if I gain any, because at that point, the box would be a better size for the 1 10" sub... Just a heads up...

#13 ·

That was a design me and G monk came up with for my 04 Crown Vic,

4 cubic feet sealed, 8 cubic feet ported tuned to 48hz for (2) 15s, and as you can see, its huge.

I dont doubt Tommy did it in that Impala, (ive seen pics of the box) but im sure sacrifices in output and bandwidth were made...I just cant see that box with that small of a space having a passband wide enought to enjoy music on. Drop low? Sure, but prob wouldnt play anything pass 40 or 50hz. (I could be wrong though)

However, sounds like a cool idea, and id love to see it, so good luck to ya regardless.

#14 ·
You don't happen to know where you saw those pics of the box. And I have a 10 cuft box in the trunk now and still have like another 15-18 cuft to work with.
I am just looking for subs right now. I like to have the subs before I build a box especially when I am building a bandpass.

#20 ·
He had it for sale a few months ago on craiglist but decided to keep it, but I wish I had saved the pics :(

i think 4 12s in the correct bandpass will do better overall than 4 15s stuffed.

can always make ported section bigger, sealed smaller and stuff with polyfill :dontknow:

This.....as a matter of fact, im weighing out either a wall in my Crown Vic, or 4 12s in a 4th order bandpass off a Powerbass 5K. Decisions, decisions lol.

Regardless what you do, its still going to be nice. Good luck and keep us posted, I love loud full size cars!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.