Car Audio Classifieds! banner

how to figure what class your in

324 views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  AudioAnonymous 
#1 ·
summers coming and you all know what that means, competitions. I was wondering how do you figure out what class to compete in?:dontknow: i'm clueless. this is gunna be my first year competing so want to know before i go to one

#8 · (Edited)
dang man, i really want to hear your setup , thats super insane for that little 10 motor. Its doing some business in that box forsure.

No problem man, I'm new to it as well, this is my first year competing. I compete in Amateur Class which is the lowest class their is, but is never underestimated because their are alot of loud setups in AS. Hey would u be able to send me a pic of your setup through pm, i can help u out further and im actually working on a S-10 project right now with an 18, for Street 1. I would love to see how that big of a box fits in that truck.

Thanks A>Anonymous, i wouldve mentioned those as well but I really didnt think he would be bassracing with an SQ setup. I tell you though, that setup in an S-10 would sound real nice if it was built for sound quality. And would be a little different, because ive only seen SPL s10's not for SQL. Props to everybody.

#6 ·
even tho your running an SQL setup u CAN run in SPL but eith your setup i wouldnt go for SPL. Because since you have an 18 it varies because your running a smaller amp that allows u to run on low fusing, which allowa you to compete in Amateur class, unless i am too tired to remember that the biggest sub stage your allowed to have in Amateur Street(AS) is 2 15" and not anything bigger. But i think you would be competing in S1(street class) its the class up from amateur , which allows further vehicle and setup modification, and big setups pushing close to 150 or more usually compete in Street. BUT , by describing your setup your stating that you will be going for SQL, you will most likely be in SQ2 depending on how your local meca program does things, and the type of shows you compete in. But either way, Good luck and hope you achieve better than you are going for.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.