Car Audio Classifieds! banner

one quick question about aux input

493 views 13 replies 4 participants last post by  98AckCL23 
#1 · (Edited)
So I am looking for a new headunit that will work with my Zune mp3 player. I have some POS dual right now that does work with my Zune through its aux input but it doesnt give me control of the zune via the head unit. I do not want that! I would rather have it in my hand so i dont have to keep leaning up to change the song.

So my real question is: will any head unit with aux input work this way where i can control it via mp3 player but it still play through the speakers?

Also, any head units you can think of that would be good to run 2-way active with? im just doing front speakers and tweeters and subs.

#2 ·
Decks that do two way active via their own speaker outputs {highpass for comps or coaxs and lowpass for sub}: Some Pioneers do

Controlling a zune: none I know of.

#6 ·
all aux will let you have complete control of you mp3 player. all the aux does is transmit the sound, just like a pair of headphone. the only way to control it is to hook it up trough the usb port.
what he said

[yes]

#4 ·
It really depends on your definition of the 2 way active system. If you're talking about a truly active setup, look in the SQ section, there's a list of Active HU's.

As for the Zune, if you plan on using a 3.5mm jack, you can use any AUX input.

#5 ·
all aux will let you have complete control of you mp3 player. all the aux does is transmit the sound, just like a pair of headphone. the only way to control it is to hook it up trough the usb port.

#8 ·
If you don't have a passive crossover for the front components, then you're going to need an Active crossover of some sort. It could be on the HU, could be on the amp (amps like the SAX-100.4 have active filters), or a separate unit (like my ARC IDX). Which route you go is your choice.

#10 ·
They all give you the same result. I'm running an active processor, but it doesn't have time alignment. So while I have 9v pre-outs to my amps and active crossovers, I don't have adjustable slopes or time alignment. An active amp will likely give you the same thing as my crossover. The hu will give you the most adjustability due to having everything in one unit.

Just be sure that you have 1 channel of amp per speaker you're looking to power. This is something most people don't realize they need when they think about going Active.

#14 ·
They don't necessarily need to be off, just be able to move them below/above (depending) where you'll want them to be. So if you want the lower cutoff for your mids to be 80hz, just make sure the hu's cutoff is adjustable down below 80hz.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.