Car Audio Classifieds! banner

I need amp suggestions please..

1K views 33 replies 10 participants last post by  Scruffy_Nerfherder 
#1 ·
I am looking for a good amp that can put out 1000w rms at 4 Ohms. I have a D2 12" fi ssd and it is currently on a kenwood excelon kac-x812d, which is a great amp but I have it wired to 1 Ohm and it likes to overheat.

Also I have stock electrical and my lights dim with volume up.....would running an amp at 4 Ohm vs 1 Ohm help?

#2 ·
The 4 ohm vs 1 ohm thing is going to depend on the amp. I'd personally look for something like a Sundown SAZ-1000D, AudioQue 1200D, etc. and run those at 1 ohm. They're pretty efficient amps and you shouldn't have much trouble on stock electrical.

#3 ·
yeah i wouldnt look for an amp specifically for 4ohm just because one you have gets hot, i have a aq1200d atm and it works great, and you will most likely pay alot more money for an amp that is going to do 1k @ 4ohm vs 1k at 1ohm

#24 ·
i would imagine so.. i do believe most of thier amps work on wierd ohm loads.. bc they got the single 3 ohm or whatever jl subs..

but in my personal opinion JL sucks ass costs way 2 much $$$ jl charges literally a dollar a watt
jl 1000/1 is like 1000 bux new :runaround: if irrc

#29 ·
Thanks for clearing that up for me. I thought it was just the opposite. You are right, now that I think about it. You don't see many companies producing a/b amps. I ran the Rockford p10002 and never had a problem with it overheating or any problems period for the matter. The guy I sold it to is still running it.

#32 ·
yea lol... like old skool amps almost every1 of them were class ab

example the old us amps the 100hc etc etc was a "100 watt rms" class a/b amp.
that needed 3 powers and grounds and pulled 225 amps..
a amp that draws 225 amps in class d is gonna do like 2k depending on situation

#33 ·
If you care nothing about sound quality go with the class-d @ 1 ohm since your running stock electrical,i would go with the 1000 @ 4ohm,sonic electronix has refurbished hifonics zx1000's for $119.00 with free shipping! Killer deal for an awesome performing amp!With sound quality and plenty of power to boot!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.