Car Audio Classifieds! banner

single 12k

2K views 30 replies 11 participants last post by  johnperdeye 
#1 ·
Like the title..who out there runs a single 12k? How many batteries,and runs of cable? Number of subs? Ohm load before rise? Scores?

#2 ·
I do....Four D3100's.Three runs of 1/0.Four DC Lvl 4xl 15's.....1.1 before rise...Rise to 2.8.Highest certified score 154.1 sealed up on the dash...This is walled in a soft top jeep wrangler

#13 ·
working on uploading the pics now. it does street beat in usac on a 30 sec average it did 156.2 with 3 kicker zx2500. since i changed to the sd 12k i gain almost 2 db depending on voltage and that is on a termlab playing a 53hz song.

#17 · (Edited)
have you clamped your amp to see what your actually output and imp rise is ? as far as gaining goes we re wired a friends subs and from a clamped 6500w to 10k and he only gained 1.2db. id guess from 8k to 12k would be about 1.5db or so.we've also gained 3db from re wiring from 1ohm to .25 ohm with zenon amps dunno how the sd amp would do

#19 ·
I still have to clamp it to see where I am at.Do not even know the rise yet :( Hopefully at least 1.5 or so.That would get me close to where I want to be. 154.3 on 8k at 36 hz is not too bad either :)

How many batteries,or what Ah would be suggested for a 12k ? Plan on doing demo's but not necessarily for long times. Alt is a DCPower 260 with a pro series MLA.

#18 ·
I hear ya Murillo haven't taken any update pictures. I haven't had a chance to clamp it yet. All the subs are out now got to sand and bondo the front chamber. Got 2months before world finals to try to gain a db.

#20 ·
I would suggest at least 700ah of batteries with that alt. Depending on your rise. I have 1.7 ohm of rise plus my initial load is .9 so that puts me right around 3 ohms. I'm guessing hopefully 9500-10000 watts. I would add as many batts as you can. I think the rules is 1000watts =100ah I think that's excessive tho. My score is around a159.2 give or take some due to voltage. I have order 3 more nsb batteries and that's all I can use in my class.

#23 ·
I'd get another 8k since you know where one is at

Double stack your batts as that should give you room.

You do nice numbers for a daily driver that peaks in the mid 30's.

Another amp and a bunch more batts would "probably" give you another 2dB's or so since you're not really pushing the subs that hard right now. Just have to decide if all that $$$ and work is worth it...

#24 ·
I'd get another 8k since you know where one is at

Double stack your batts as that should give you room.

You do nice numbers for a daily driver that peaks in the mid 30's.

Another amp and a bunch more batts would "probably" give you another 2dB's or so since you're not really pushing the subs that hard right now. Just have to decide if all that $$$ and work is worth it...

I'd like to know where that one is too. Any links to where? :nod:

#29 ·
If I did 12s I would loose a lot of cone area. I thought about 4-15s or just stay with 10s. What do you have in 10s that would work good in a 4th order and take a 1000watts

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.