Car Audio Classifieds! banner

My mind is about to explode

2K views 49 replies 13 participants last post by  Ground Poundin Jeff 
#1 ·
hey guys im freakin out everything i get just doesnt work out i have my 15" m3 mojo my 2 15" jl w0's 1 15" Memphis 15-pr15d4 a dual 15" sub box lightning audio storm amp spl dk2-1500 watt amp memphis mcd250.2 2 audiobahn crossovers and if you cant tell none of my stuff matches up love my mojo and jl's everything else i don so much care about i need help on what i should do to get a good system that might actually match and sound good loud lots of spl im freakin out someone please HELP!!!

#6 ·
here's the deal.

you are impatient and impulsive.

you buy what comes up.. with the money you have at the time.

---------------------------------------

learn to be impulsive about saving your money.

then be patient and decide what you want.

set goals.. etc..

then buy it and install it and be done.

#8 ·
here's the deal.

you are impatient and impulsive.

you buy what comes up.. with the money you have at the time.

---------------------------------------

learn to be impulsive about saving your money.

then be patient and decide what you want.

set goals.. etc..

then buy it and install it and be done.
i dont buy anything really i just trade i have no job lost it right after my son passed away it was a hard time and now i cant get a job due to the economy ive applied everywhere within like 50 miles from my house called them and everything but still no job it sucks but idk

#10 ·
15" m3 mojo - what are this subs coils and rms rating
2 15" jl w0's - what are theese subs coils and rms ratings each sub
15" Memphis 15-pr15d4 - this is d4 coils right - what rms rating can it take

u gota figure out what your amp is capable of putting out at diffrent ohm loads.
does it do 700w rms on 2 ohm load ?
edit - saw your post about it doing 1K at one ohm load.
how bout 4 ohm load - what does that amp put out ?

#14 ·
15" m3 mojo - what are this subs coils and rms rating
2 15" jl w0's - what are theese subs coils and rms ratings each sub
15" Memphis 15-pr15d4 - this is d4 coils right - what rms rating can it take

u gota figure out what your amp is capable of putting out at diffrent ohm loads.
does it do 700w rms on 2 ohm load ?
edit - saw your post about it doing 1K at one ohm load.
how bout 4 ohm load - what does that amp put out ?
m3 mojo dual 2 ohmvc 1000wrms @ 1 ohm
jl's single 4 ohmvc 250 wrms @ 4 ohms
memphis 15-PR15d4 dual 4 ohmvc 250 wrms @ 4 ohms
lightning amp 400w RMS x 1 @ 4 ohms 700w RMS x 1 @ 2 ohms 1000w RMS x 1 @ 1 ohm
spl amp 4 ohms: 300 watts x 2 chan 2 ohms: 380 watts x 2 Bridged, @ 4 ohms: 760 watts x 1

#17 ·
So what do you want out of system? Loud? SQ? What's your goal here?
i want loud clean crisp sounding bass so far the JL's sound clean and crisp but not loud only enough amp to push one but have both hooked up to it

#18 ·
there it is - the lightning amp running @ 2 ohms feeding the pair of jl 15"
giving each sub bout 300w - just dont crank the gain up all the way on the amp.

a pair of 15s should slam in your car
even off smaller power - 700/600 w rms.

have you had them hooked up properly yet - big 3 wiring done on the car ?

#23 ·
I take it that box is sealed, yes? Do you know how many cubic feet it is? Which amp are you running to them and at what impedence (ohm load)?

Your backseats fold down, right?

Box is sealed yes seats are always folded down the amp as of right now is a memphis 16 mcd250 this is what i found on it 4 ohms: 125 watts x 1 2 ohms: 250 watts x 1

#21 ·
or
get you a box built for the memphis m3 mojo sub
and just run it off the lightning audio amp at 1kw rms.

that would be pretty good also - help the bass enter the cabbin of your car somehow. do the seats fold down fowards ? is there a bunch of sound deadning of a thick foam piece behind the seats that you can remove to help bass find its way in to the cabbin of the car ?

ever think about cutting vents in the rear deck ? maby use some 6.5" speaker grilles to cover the bare holes up so it still looks nice - but trunk needs to vent in to the cabbin of the car or else everything your doing is usless with subs / amps

#26 · (Edited)
Ok...so what's the coil configuration on the subs? Are they dual or single 4 ohm? Do you know just how many cubes that box is?
single and let me get the cubes on the box hang on its 4.6 cu.ft.

#28 ·
if they are single 4 - then just hook up that lightning amp.
and wire them for 2 ohm load on the amp that will give 700w at 2 ohms

will be a good sound diffrence going from 250w to 700w

and i know this is a dumb ?? but how do i do 2 ohms on my amp just hook up to 1 speaker output or what my box has 2 sealed chambers

#32 ·
do you have a digital multi meter ?
its the best 25$ car audio investment ive made to date.

anyhow = just hook both subs up + on one sub to the + on the other sub to the + on the amp. neg of one sub to the neg of the other sub - to the neg on the amp.
it will be 2 ohms load the amp will see
ok so just run it all parallel ic ok i will do all of this tomorrow after work i got to get to bed anyone else have anything to post ill look tomorrow after i get off work and hook up the stereo thank you all so much for helping me i needed to vent and my fiance isnt the person to vent about this too

#35 ·
ok 1 more thing b4 i hit the sack should i go subs up facing in or leave them facing back? i want the loudest best sounding way so let me know

#43 ·
well i tried it out it pounds hard but i cant seem to pick up the high bass now my amp has a built in crossover gain bass eq frequency and a phase im not to sure what the phase does but let me know im sure someone does would it be why i get no high bass???

#44 ·
Adjust your filter higher to get the higher bass? Or possibly your enclosure's output slope starts to suffer at higher frequnecies? (havent read the thread much, but i have been drinking :dontknow: so that may count for something)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.