Car Audio Classifieds! banner

has anyone ever did this

1K views 20 replies 17 participants last post by  More spl 
#1 ·
Alright I have a dd 9900 18 in a 6 cubed box tuned to 35 hertz I was playing music off my 6500d I started hearing noise when it hit the lows. Thought maybe the sub is bottoming out or couldn't hit the lows well so I take the 18 out the car proceed to put my tsns 15 in my car and when I set the 18 on its side the sub almost falls out the box.I thought what so I lay the speaker on its back how it was in the trunk and I realized it broke 8 drywall screws in a week and a half at that point I determined its no longer for sale.

Anyone ever did this before thought it was pretty impressive.

#13 ·
I have a 2x4 running across the baffle I would have used a double baffle but wouldn't fit when I had the second baffle and hccas I had 11 never used those tbolts they came with never once did they break the screws. But i'll probabaly upgrade the screws just the the point in ten years and over 160 subs never seen this happen.Seen a soundstream xxx 15 blow a temporary prefab atrend box apart

#17 ·
I switched from drywall to a large shank screw got sick of breaking them I USE THE BIG P3 BIT CHROME ONES

#18 ·
becareful when driving them regular drywall screws in. its almost the same size as the screw hole. i literally screwed right through a hole. always use a fatter screw with a a bigger head on it to hold down the sub. tnuts and bolts is great. i jsut get lazy sometime.

#20 ·
Yea, I never use drywall screws for this reason and they are angled on the underside of the head so they scrape your mounting points up more than a flat-bottomed fastener.

#21 ·
yeah never really had a problem till now

Not with a soundstream xxx hcca pioneer ts-8102spl aq hdc3s but it I use that sub again I'll use one of the many setts of t nuts or allen key bolts that I got with the mtx 9500s or the orion hccas just I have had 6 subs in my car in 4 weeks You can't tell how a sub is until you owned it.I don't nut hug anything because I have been surprised to many times to just say something is the best.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.