Car Audio Classifieds! banner

aeroports in a wall??

292 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  sparky88 
#1 ·
wondering if anyone has any experience with this? i have an 8 cube slot port box for a wall set up. its tuned to 33htz and i am burping at 46htz and the highest ive gotten is a 148.3. im wanting to try an aerport so i can tune it higher for spl and hopefully get some higher numbers. ive been told that aero's in a wall can be bad and ive heard they can be good. any input would be awesome!!

#3 ·
Yea, I'd try modding your current port/experimenting before you try and change to aeros.

#5 ·
well everything is fiberglassed in. so cutting down the ports wouldnt allow for a quick tuning process. i could throw 2 6 inch aeros in with the way my wall is set up and have a set of aero's for daily and spl. i figured that would be the quickest and easiest way. but it would suck if i just did that and couldnt get my 147-148 that i get with my current port. im tuned too low for what im trying to do but i didnt think about doing something to be adjustable. i know next season im running 4 15s and will have an adjustable slot port. i just dont wanna put alot of money into this wall since i will be tearing it out in a couple monthes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.