05 XXX vs new XXX - Car Audio Classifieds!
Car Audio Classifieds!  

Go Back   Car Audio Classifieds! > Car Audio Help & Discussion > General Car Audio Discussion & Questions

General Car Audio Discussion & Questions All general car audio discussion goes here. Need help installing speakers, headunits, amps or electrical? Having problems with equipment? Have questions about a product, post here.

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2011, 04:03 PM
New CACO Member

Activity Longevity
0/20 17/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss73
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default 05 XXX vs new XXX

Hey guys, I know this has been beat probably a million times. I'm still new to this site and car audio. I'm working on on my second build here within in the next month or so.

People have their preferences for the 05 XXX and some have theirs for the new XXX. I'm looking into buying a pair of 15" new version XXX's for a daily ground pounder. Not into numbers. Just love low bass.

Can u guys help me? Just could use some feedback from people who have ran either new or old style XXX's and maybe even recommendations for a new sub stage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-28-2011, 04:09 PM
Audio Enthusiast

Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss733
Feedback Score: 4 reviews

well if your looking for a simply daily driver application, get a different sub. those are some serious comp subs, and why would you waste the talent on little use?
looking into some SA 12s or nightshades from sundown, audioque subs, D.a.D get really low and loud. plus efficient on watts.
depends on how many watts your running.
Old 07-28-2011, 04:13 PM
New CACO Member

Activity Longevity
0/20 17/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss73

Doing around rated per sub

Old 07-28-2011, 04:13 PM
Elite Member

Activity Longevity
0/20 20/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3181
Feedback Score: 18 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtrider4eva View Post
well if your looking for a simply daily driver application, get a different sub. those are some serious comp subs, and why would you waste the talent on little use?
looking into some SA 12s or nightshades from sundown, audioque subs, D.a.D get really low and loud. plus efficient on watts.
Did you really just say that Wow some people need to be experienced before saying anything on this site.

I would take an old school XXX over ANY of those subs. They are my favorite overall sub yet to date.

05 XXX over 06 XXX
Wire- 6 runs Stinger
Batts- Kinetik HC16V (7) - Juicebox LiFePO4 18V .5KW
154.1 @31 hz, 148.3 @ 16hz 30 second average (legal)
Old 07-28-2011, 04:22 PM
Audio Enthusiast

Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss733
Feedback Score: 4 reviews

really man? yes i did say that.
they are amazing subs. they have some serious rep and numbers to prove it.
but simply for a daily driving application? just doesnt seem worth the while.
if i was deciding to go competition, this one be my first choice.
i had an 05 re sx. and loved that even.
to run 2 of these daily is like buying a superduty truck as a daily drive when you could simply go with another model. they wont see their true potential.

if hes really going to put rated to each, and build a sturdy as heck box. man, you mind as well hit up a few comps.
but yeah, go older. ive heard people blowing the new ones easier than their old ones.
Old 07-28-2011, 04:22 PM
Elite Member

Activity Longevity
0/20 17/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss841
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Quote:
LOL just wow

OP, I've heard 2 of the 05 15 XXXs in a little truck like a ranger. They got very loud and they are BY FAR the best sounding subs I've ever heard. I couldn't even put another sub up for comparison to the sound of the XXXs. The reason why people prefer the 05/06s is because those were the best of the time when Scott (who now owns Fi) made those, but now RE is becoming kind of a cheap Chinese-based brand and they really fell apart after Scott left. Really, I personally wouldn't buy the new ones, only the 05s or 06s. If you can't get your hands on some in those years, some other options to look at would be the Fi Q/BL/BTL, or the Sundown Nightshade. I'm not familiar with TC sub lines, but they are known for putting out some low end monsters as well.

Edit * Dirtrider, numbers is all install based. The old XXXs would be one of the top daily driving subs you can buy.

Edit* Forgot to mention SSA. SSA makes some subs that had the same concept in mind as the RE XXX.. A beautiful sounding, high output, low end monster. Look into SSA's XCON and ZCON series.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

TEAM XS - MECHMAN - FI - AUDIOQUE

152.6 OUTLAW AND CLIMBING

Last edited by AllenH427; 07-28-2011 at 04:29 PM.
Old 07-28-2011, 04:33 PM
New CACO Member

Activity Longevity
0/20 17/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss73

Thanks guys appreciate the help so far. My first setup was a BTL lol. I'm just looking for a good daily ground pounder with awesome low bass u can feel. I had my fun the btl and I just want something new. I'm not doing comps or into numbers.
Old 07-28-2011, 04:35 PM
New CACO Member

Activity Longevity
0/20 17/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss73

How would a zcon stack up against a XXX would u guys say? Saw a few of the zcon vids on YouTube and was impressed.
Old 07-28-2011, 04:37 PM
Idk what Im talking about

Activity Longevity
0/20 19/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8346
Feedback Score: 6 reviews

Quote:
Quote:
really man? yes i did say that.
they are amazing subs. they have some serious rep and numbers to prove it.
but simply for a daily driving application? just doesnt seem worth the while.
if i was deciding to go competition, this one be my first choice.
i had an 05 re sx. and loved that even.
to run 2 of these daily is like buying a superduty truck as a daily drive when you could simply go with another model. they wont see their true potential.

if hes really going to put rated to each, and build a sturdy as heck box. man, you mind as well hit up a few comps.
but yeah, go older. ive heard people blowing the new ones easier than their old ones.
You're incorrect, kind sir. They would be an outstanding choice for a daily groundpounder wanting real lows...

And the rest of what you said just confuses me. He said he wasn't into numbers and loves the lows. He also said that they would receive rated power to each. How is this 'not seeing their true potential'? This is my definition of potential...numbers don't translate much about the experience...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'Horn'-wall: 12.75 cubes net, ~25Hz tuning, 200 sq inches of port area (lowz..?)

"If it's been done before, you're doing it wrong"

Last edited by Pioneer~Saturn; 07-28-2011 at 04:41 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Pioneer~Saturn For This Useful Post:
Blackhulk77 (07-28-2011)
Old 07-28-2011, 04:42 PM
Elite Member

Activity Longevity
0/20 17/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss841
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhulk77 View Post
How would a zcon stack up against a XXX would u guys say? Saw a few of the zcon vids on YouTube and was impressed.
I've never really heard the ZCON in person, I just know what people say about them who have actually heard them or owned them... The ZCON is a brand new sub that has a small reputation going right now. Anyone who has heard some of the older XXXs will tell you that it is possibly the best all around sub ever built when comparing bottom heavy sub drivers. It's my favorite sub I've ever heard to date, they are just rare and people are really holding on to them.. If you can find an 05 or 06 XXX, I'd go ahead and snatch it. If you can't, IMO the ZCON would probably be the next closest thing. Look into TC subs as I have said, I think the 5400 () series is another fine pick.

TEAM XS - MECHMAN - FI - AUDIOQUE

152.6 OUTLAW AND CLIMBING

Sponsored Links
Advertisement