Car Audio Classifieds! banner

T3 TSS 12" tear down + make over

2K views 21 replies 10 participants last post by  TeamPSI 
#1 ·

This is ment to show progress and is also ment to show some one who has never torn down a sub what it looks like. I consider it a build log, plus some information that can help others.

******** THE TEAR DOWN ********

Well Here she starts fresh from CoreyJ. 12" T3 Audio TSS:

You start with cutting the surround off. I found on the TSS it was easier to cut it all the way off because of the metal cone. On paper cones I fold them back.

The TSS attaches to the former buy something I would call a "half cone". Its basically like the bottom half of a cone that is glued to the metal cone.

T3 used a dual spider set up, spaced about .5" apart. After you cut through the first spider you can move it back to show the tinsel leads and the second spider.

This is what happens to a sub that is the victum of a blowing amp.

Next, if needed you remove the basket. Some people way not need to, but I usually always do especially when cleaning the basket to avoid getting the gap dirty. A few taps on the basket will get the glue to release.

******** THE REBUILD ********

I am rebuilding this into a 10" (muhahaha). This is not the basket I will be using as it has a 7" spider. I will be using a 12 spoke 10" basket. This was simply used as an example.

For a little fun.... 8" TSS :)

As it stands, PSI decal to show off where the recone will be from.

More to come as parts come in. Stay tuned.

See less See more
#4 ·
Youve only had it a few hours and it already in pieces ! Well done ! I hope you like it !

#5 ·
Aww Corey, you always got an extra surprise or two laying around don't ya. If ya got two more TSS motors let me know ;)

Looking awesome grim, cant wait to see this interesting build

#7 ·
Id go 18'' to be unique seeing as the TSS was never offered as a 18'', but that is just me.

Good luck building it up. If ever get the chance to scoop up a blown TSS I won't hesitate to turn it into an 18.

Kevin
I had an 18 in a TSS already ! TickTock has it now ! It was so badass........And bumpin, I ALWAYS have something up my sleve !:D

#9 ·
He BETTER show to a few ! No suprises here as far as the van :D, but we will see !

#20 ·
Wish it was louder for ya man ! Cant wait til I get a 4k on it, it loves the lows for sure ! Thanks for the good comments :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.