Car Audio Classifieds! banner

First attempt at fiberglassing...

2K views 20 replies 13 participants last post by  matt_2_2011 
#1 ·
So this was my first time ever doing anything with fiberglass or body filler so it actually turned out better than I expected, but any tips would be cool as I'm going to try to do my doors sometime soon.

So I found some fiberglass bondo and i thought it would work...oh was i wrong

So it took me awhile but I finally sanded most of it off

Then I found some actual bondo, and after 7 tries I inally got them how I wanted them

So i thought it turned out pretty well since i didnt actually spend any money the whole project it was just stuff sitting in the garage :). But feel free to comment and tell me what I did wrong.

See less See more
#7 ·
I liked how they turned out as well. Nice positioning.

The best thing I can tell you is keep going, every project will get just a little better and you will learn more each time.

Keep up the good work.;

tim

#15 ·
good job for doing it for years much less your first time! Just wondering, did you pick up the techniques from the online forums? there are a lot of guys that say they have never done it and need someone to do it for them, I always say that they sould just give it a try, what can go wrong, they throw away a few dollars of material and start over, as long as they protect the car. your little project is a great example of yea you can.

Great job!

#16 ·
looks good

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.