Car Audio Classifieds! banner

Time to overhaul her.

1K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  splvictim20 
#1 ·
Well guy's im sure you guy's remember this car and im sure u all remember seeing it:D.

Today it starts May 7th , 2010: This build will being consisting of redoing the quarter panels with GM Stamped orignal's my dad and i picked up in illinois 3 yrs ago , im going to be doing the system in it for him , new wiring throughout some of it , custom glass a-pillar guage holder and much much more.

Well..............................Now it's time to start working on her again;). Time to re-do the rear quarter panels.

Close shot of having the rear quarter passenger side off.

Rear shot of her.

Got to cut into the body to be able to do this the RIGHT way.

A friend of our's helping out at the body shop.

Starting to do some re-wiring of the system.

Close up shot of the grinding and cutting of the body.

started to take off this cardboard crap like off the door.

Got the passenger side mirror off

Got the driver side mirror off.

Some more work of what you have to do to get these rear quarter panels off.

Then you start to pop them up so that they look like this.

See less See more
#2 ·
Update: Well guy's getting more work done to her i'll let the pics speaker for themselves:D:).

Got the passenger side quarter panel on.

Damn look how messy that bed is haha.

Driver side still in the works as you can see and havent hung this quarter panel on yet.

friend of our's helping out with some of the body work also.

Bare metal yeah that's how new car's you wish today were;).

Stay tuned guy's alot more to come:D:) redoing the tubs , paint , primer , maybe a diffrent color as well.

#4 ·
actually tc wasn't to bad the tub's were pretty bad so were getting new one's from shermin and Associates auto parts. but other then those quarters that was it she's in great shape:D:).

#5 ·
This is one of those cars you either love or hate and I can't say I'm in the love category. However, I FULLY respect the amount of work you guys are putting into it, nice to see people do things right.
Keep up the good work and keep the pics coming! Interested to see how it turns out!

"Randy! He's got an El-Frickin'-Camino. That's like the Cadillac of cars!"
-Earl Hickey

#6 ·
Updates: May 31st , 2010 well guy's sorry its been awhile with the pics and what not family been having some issues lately. but i finally got some time to upload some of the pics off my cell phone so i do apologize if some of the pics arent best quality.

Got the new rear quarter GM stamped panel's on

Started to primer some of the car.

Started to grind on the roof and check everything over.

Got the car fully primered now:D:)

#7 ·
Update August 2nd , 2010: well guy's know its been awhile but dont worry didnt leave ya hangn. here's most recent pics of the el camino:D:).

#9 ·
Update: August 17th ,2010 well guy's i been working on this about every day up at the show or when im not working got alot done to her.

Went and got the tail-gate sprayed

Went and also sprayed the hood as well.

Went and lifted the motor sprayed the engine bay a high gloss black.

Nice angle shot really showing off the engine bay.....MMMMMMMMM Shiney hahaha.

Alot more work to come ahead so stay tuned.

#11 ·
thx xander she's getting there:D. 2morro i plan on to put on and line up the whole front end headlight bezels , bumper and all.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.