Viper Audio 1100.5
• Dual high-speed MOSFET switching power supplies and complimentary bipolar outputs on 1-4 with a high current MOSFET output on the sub channel
• Thermal, DC offset, reverse polarity, short circuit and over/under voltage protection with status LED
• Easily accessed top-mounted controls for system tuning located under illuminated Viper snake logo
• Built-in high performance, dual continuously variable 12 dB/octave 2-way active crossovers on channels 1-4
• Continuously variable 24 dB/octave low-pass crossover on sub channel
• Variable 0-12 dB bass EQ function
• Remote subwoofer level control
• 2/4/6 channel input for full access to source or processor output functions
• Master/slave function allows external synced bridged or parallel operation with an added model d600.1 class D mono amp
• Buffered stereo full-range RCA output jacks
• Gold-plated power and speaker screw-block plugs and RCA connectors ensure maximum signal transfer
• Rugged one-piece extruded heat sink finished with injection-molded mounting feet
Rated Power @ 4 ohm: 75 x 4 (ch1-4)
Rated Power @ 4 ohm: 275 x 1 (sub)
Rated Power @ 2 ohm: 125 x 4 (ch1-4)
Rated Power @ 2 ohm: 400 x 1 (sub)
Rated Power @ 1 ohm: N/A (ch1-4)
Rated Power @ 1 ohm: 600 x 1 (sub)
S/N: > 95 dB (ch1-4)
S/N: > 80 dB (sub)
Freq. Range: 20-20 kHz (ch1-4)
Freq. Range: 20-250 Hz (sub)
Damping Factor: > 100 (ch1-4)
Damping Factor: > 50 (sub)
Input Sensitivity: 150mV to 8V
Crossover: var. 12dB 2-way (ch1-4) (They can be high passed from 50hz to 500hz)
Crossover: var. 24dB low-pass (sub)
RCA Output: Stereo (ch1-4)
RCA Output: Mono (sub)
I purchased this amp in 2004 but sold my 4Runner soon after and never got around to installing. It was one of the best 5 channel models available for my needs at the time so have been reluctant to sell in the hopes I'd eventually get an opportunity to use it. My current vehicle doesn't have enough room so I'd like someone else to enjoy this great amp.
It's still in the original box and has never been turned on since I don't have a way of testing the unit. I guarantee it works and will accept a return with full refund if any problems arise when first powering up, as long as you do so within a few months.
It's in excellent cosmetic condition even if the packaging has seen better days. Besides some fingerprints from inspection there is one tiny ding which I circled but it honestly isn't noticeable. If you don't like the chrome it's easy to remove that panel for a sleek black look.
Viper Audio was a short-lived product line so you probably won't come across this amp again, especially unused. They're a division of DEI and the 1100.5 is almost identical to their Directed Audio 1200/5 model besides it having a variable bass EQ boost from 0 to 12db rather than a single 8db boost on the Directed.
Their amps were built very solid, running cool and usually under-rated. This was made soon after the acquisition of PPI, a/d/s and Orion so they had a ton of high quality U.S. designed internals to use in their products. The 1100.5 has enough power and crossovers to run an entire system which makes for a simpler and cleaner install.
This message is automatically inserted in all classified threads.
Please be advised, all buyers and sellers should satisfy themselves that the other party is genuine by providing the following via PM to each other after negotiations are complete and prior to dispatching goods and making payment:
1) Telephone number. Call the number back at a unspecified time and make sure that it is the person's correct phone number.
2) Name and address including postal code
3) Valid e-mail address. Send an e-mail requesting a response to information about the deal being made.
DO NOT proceed with a deal until you are completely satisfied with all details being correct. It's in your best interest to check out these details yourself.
If transaction was completed on CACO, please use iTrader to record feedback.
Potential buyers/seller should check iTrader feedback also before continuing transaction.