Car Audio Classifieds! banner

need to know the best shallow subs regardless of price

• small amps huge power

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • cabin compression enclosier designs

• polycrete stronger than concriete,85% lighter for stopping all flexing from SPL

• high voltage/current amplifiers that make rediculas power

excited new member kinda stoked to be around more 12v freeks like my self

351 views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  Guero3384 
#1 ·
Before I get started I've never ben on a mass blog or forum before,so if my edicate goes against any rules or rubbs someone the wrong way, Ill apoligize right now. I'm very passionate about all aspects of car audio. I have ben heavily envolved since the days of CAR AUDIO NATIONALS.And I'm sure that I will learn a lot from some of u guys and ladies. The main reason I joined up, was my project I've ben working on for several years now. I will attempt to be the first person to put in the record book that some mooron in a small van broke the 180 db mark with shallow subs.just for starters, ill let u no my starting point( the one thing that a shallow has that let's me know it can be done. Its the FLAT PISTION face of these subs that tells me the starting point is already there.My question to yall is of all the shallows you've worked with which ones were the most impressive.I have a list but its a very short one.any thing u can share with me is very apreac.
Thank you so much. After we get a list together, I will start showing what I have in my plan, and start putting out my primary design, and maby if we can do this, this fourm may be the people that showed the world what can happen when people with ideas and people with engen. And real world exper. Get together and CHANGE THE RULES. THANK YOU.

#3 · (Edited)
so you "ben" in car audio for a very long time, and you need advice on shallow mount subs, and you gonna hit 180 db + and you gonna do it with shallow mount subs?

I have "ben" in car audio for a very long time, and I can give you advice on shallow mount subs, and I am still trying to hit, 160 db, and I am trying to do it without being handicaped with the restrictions of shallow mount subs.

I guess I am saying, glad to have a new member! And you will be the topic of may "discussions"!

My guess is that the only way you will ever hit 180 is if you put the mic in the exhaust of your 1985 'stang and rev it to redline letting those awesome Autozone bought glass packs crack and pop you into thr record books! GL

Regards,

#5 ·
that's 2 on board

Here's the thing that set me on this quest. A long time several of us were in the lab and the guest of honor was wild turkey. After several secessions of listening to the interns speak of their great ideas and self proclamation of how us old artifacts need to make room for the big guns, one of the interns was looking at a rather shallow driver and said (quiet rudley) if this thing breaks 140db ill wash your car for a year. Instantly I new whamt my mission was. Whay shocked me was all 3 of my fellow dinasaures jumped rite on it. What was so suprising is in less than 3 hours some 1/4" panels and roughly 43 watts we were able at will to peg the termpro and show numcmbers well into the higj 170's. And this was with a whizzer cone 4".zSo u see its not always the sub. Or mega watts of amplication, but it is ALWAYS APPLICATION OF THEORY BASED ON A LITTKE GOOD OL FASHION. WHAT IF

#6 ·
Here's the thing that set me on this quest. A long time several of us were in the lab and the guest of honor was wild turkey. After several secessions of listening to the interns speak of their great ideas and self proclamation of how us old artifacts need to make room for the big guns, one of the interns was looking at a rather shallow driver and said (quiet rudley) if this thing breaks 140db ill wash your car for a year. Instantly I new whamt my mission was. Whay shocked me was all 3 of my fellow dinasaures jumped rite on it. What was so suprising is in less than 3 hours some 1/4" panels and roughly 43 watts we were able at will to peg the termpro and show numcmbers well into the higj 170's. And this was with a whizzer cone 4".zSo u see its not always the sub. Or mega watts of amplication, but it is ALWAYS APPLICATION OF THEORY BASED ON A LITTKE GOOD OL FASHION. WHAT IF
that certainly isn't below 100hz and out of the port, or in a space bigger than a coffee can. If so show proof

4" + 43watts = 170+ = BS :rofl:

#11 ·
twisted ftmfw

#12 ·
this guys got alan dante beat on effieantcy to bad cheap driver with shread way before they hit any respectible number

#13 ·
btw in not a 12v freak im 16v freak

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.