Audio city usa s@$ monkey b@lls - Car Audio Classifieds!
Car Audio Classifieds!  

Go Back   Car Audio Classifieds! > The OTô > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat Sit back, relax and chat with other members about any and everything. Keep it PG-13!

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2011, 11:17 PM
CACO Member

Activity Longevity
0/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss200
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Default Audio city usa [email protected]$k$ monkey [email protected]

i thought i share a issue i had with this wheel company. i put this out there for people thinking about using this company. long story short is i purchased a set of wheels for my truck. its a 95 suburban with a 4/6 drop. i ordered a set of 22's with tires and i gave them a very detail list of things i needed. i needed an offset of +25 or higher. 8 days later i get my wheels with a +13 offset. so i call them up and tell them what happened and they tell me that for an extra 5 700$ i could get a different set of wheels in the offset i asked for. here is a little bit of the convo between us

a real simple question. if your sale person knew they only came in one offset why did he not say anything about that? is it that he does not know what he is selling? is he not a professional? i did not order an +13 offset. i don't want anything from you and had you talked to your staff you would know that. i spoke to anthony not too long ago and i said i was good. now you can go hard like your superman or something but i was going to leave this like it was but now i think that i will continue to post my issues with your company. i will even post your replies. i was going to keep this to myself but the maker of the rsw99 velocity said that it should fit my truck until i told them it was lowered and then said i would need a higher offset. your people just wanted the sale you don't care what happens after. how do you know what was said between me and the sales dude if you don't know who it was?

You can spin it that way if you like. But that isnít the case, and trying to act as if you received something you didnít order, didnít sign for PRIOR to the product being shipped out, is just a flat out lie. The wheels you ordered only come in the offset you receive, and do not come in the offset you are NOW asking for, so we cannot do anything in regards to that. The manufacturers that make something 5x5 with a 35mm offset would be the bigger companies that have wheels that come blank so they can drill them like Lexani, Diablo, etc. And those companies are more expensive. There is nothing else available for the price of $1700 with the fitment you are now asking for unfortunately, otherwise I would have no problem exchanging them for you.

i did what you said and put them on and the truck fender sat right on the tire. i found a way around this by using coil spring spacers. it raised my truck up an inch and a half. the wheels will most likely rub on dips in the road but hey i got them on right. i know this whole back and forth thing was not going to get anywhere but i spent my last saved bit of money on those rims and i did not have money to pay for the right set of rims. how would you feel if you brought an expensive item to find out it was the wrong one and you go back to where you brought them from only to be told oh we don't know you sold you those wheels but if you want the right ones you have to pay us 4 or 5 hundred dollars more. that's what anthony told me. and wether or not this matters to you this will be the image of your company in the eyes of the forums i am on. i guess it is what it is. thanks

To:
Sent: Tuesday, September 27, 2011 6:32:52 PM

Just try one wheel on the front, and one on the rear. Obviously donít drive
First, suburban, pick up, etc, are exactly the same for each year. Second, now being confirmed that you have a 4/6 drop, even if you were to put a 35mm offset on a 22x9.5 wheel, you will have problems on the inside of the wheel probably hitting on your suspension. We have had issues with that before. Now we have done plenty of chevy vehicles that have been lowered 4/6 with this 13mm offset, and they had no problem. Have you even put the wheels on? With the vehicle down on the ground? If the vehicle is on a lift, the suspension hangs at an angle, so the wheels will stick out because the suspension is not sitting properly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement