It wasn't my wiring job but I had a small fire happen in my car due to the past owner's wiring job that I was unaware of up to this point. It shorted out and burned a bunch of my wiring under my dash but that's not the bad part. Right around where my wire goes through my firewall is where it started the mini fire where it got hot enough to burn my gas pedal off? Wtf?? Cut some wires as fast as a could and put out part of the fire with lots of water, and thankfully someone came by with a fire extinguisher for electrical fires.
Long story short. Other people suck at wiring jobs. EDIT: ( most people )
and i'll try and get some pics tommorow as it's dark, and my hands are burned from pulling wire out to save my car ( yeah bare hands pulling out burning wire... ) tbh idk if pulling some of the wire helped, but the part I did pull didn't completely go so I guess so? I kind of panicked.
And if anyone is wondering, I haven't touched anything underneath the dash in at least 6 months. but what I did do under there was solid work and none of this bullshit where they spliced right next to my door relay and didn't even cover it...