One Of The Coolest Cops - Car Audio Classifieds!
Car Audio Classifieds!  

Go Back   Car Audio Classifieds! > The OT™ > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat Sit back, relax and chat with other members about any and everything. Keep it PG-13!

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2013, 02:53 AM
Vindaloo'd Smeg Head

Activity Longevity
0/20 12/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss319
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Default One Of The Coolest Cops

So, Open Carry. Is the wild west coming back, lol

I Love This Cop. Best Open Carry Stop Ever - YouTube

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Build Log 8-12s
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-07-2013, 05:24 AM
Elite Member

Activity Longevity
0/20 17/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2979
Feedback Score: 14 reviews

We have open carry in Iowa and cops are dicks about it in my town. We had an officer actually attempt to disarm a friend of mine(without any reason at all) who was standing at his car pumping gas with his .45 on his hip. Even went so far as already having his gun drawn when my buddy turned around. Very unprofessional.
Old 05-07-2013, 02:20 PM
Vindaloo'd Smeg Head

Activity Longevity
0/20 12/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss319
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

That was very unprofessional, to approached him gun drawn at a gas station, with no reason other then, he was Open Carrying. I am not sure on your states laws, but if you are not committing a crime and you are not suspected of committing a crime, then you do not have to show ID or even communicate with LEO. And him drawing his gun an approaching your friend before even opening a line of communication with him is very un-professional and bias. And is exactly why people need to start exercising their rights, before everyone forgets what they are. On a daily basis LEOs violate our Rights and people are blind to it so they let it happen not know their rights are being violated.

We have Rights and people need to start standing up for their rights before these upper echelon nanny neighborhood nazi's take it all away. I think it is dumb that someone in a society who has been persuaded to "fear guns", can simply call in a say, there is a guy caring a gun walking the street. That is all they have to say. And before you know it you have tons of LEOs all in your face asking who you are, what your doing, and requesting you relinquish your firearm to them, until the conversation is over for "their safety" what about my safety from you violating my rights by demanding my information and the right to a search and seizure of my firearm. I consent to nothing because I have committed no crime and you have not way to prove I am about to commit a crime so LEO have no right to any kind of search and seizure, you can kindle F*** Off. I am a citizen of america and I have right. I have all my certifications in gun safety and I care it because I live in the heart of Meth Country, I am not going to get stuck up by a bunch of Meth heads and do nothing about it, it is my god given right to protect myself from dangers weather that danger be foreign or domestic. Know your rights people.

Last LEO that stopped me I told him directly: If I am not committing a crime you can not demand anything from me, If you do not suspect me of committing a crime with a proper amount of probable suspicion or evidence you can not demand anything of me, I have right and I have broken no laws. Which then said, Well let me talk to you my name is ****** ****** and we just got a couple calls about someone walking with a firearm.
So I then asked him, Have I done something wrong, am I committing or do I seem to be attempting to commit a crime. He replied NO to both questions and that he simply wanted my ID to make sure I was not a felon and I was legally able to have a firearm. I asked him did he suspect me of being a felon bc that is pretty rude of him to come out of no where demanding my ID on the basis I may be a felon with no other reason then some uppity jerk off with nothing better to do then call in ever thing that scares them, He said he did not suspect me of being a felon, I told him then he had no right to question me any farther and if he did so it would be violation of my rights. He then said he would like to remove my firearm for his safety since I would not give him ID. At this point he is violating my rights.
Here is what happened.....and why it happens in NC.
: I was walking down the street to the near by shooting range and I was open carrying, now mind you this in the County outside city limits. So he no jurisidication out here anyway. SO I told him, I would not give him my ID, I would not give him my info, and I did not consent to any kind of search or seizure of my firearm based off the court case Arizona vs Hicks: "A search is a search, even if it happens to disclose nothing but the bottom of a turntable." IF you are not familiar with this case look it up. I then let him know I am aware of General Statutes § 14-223. Resisting officers. If you don't know this one look it up, they use it to the full extent here and the DA loves making these cases stick, they want everyone to bow down to LEO around here.
Well my brother is a Sheriff and he is not necessarily the greatest person in the world, he became a sheriff because he burnt all his bridges and could not find any work, a friend suggested take the test become a sheriff, lol. It is that easy, people seem to think a uniforms means the person has trained and is knowledgable in their field, however it does not, LEO are not Attorneys and usually do not know the law per say, that is why they detain you then call the ADA or DA or supervisors, and in the end you get let go because they have nothing on you.

So after stating the above Statutes to the officer he said ok, you are obstructing my duties to follow up on a report of a person Carrying a Firearm in the open. I said is that a crime are you investigating a crime, was that a report of a crime or a report of a legal activity by some uppity gun control activist.
He then said it was not a crime and reached around me and unbuckled my holster and removed my firearm. I said clearly I do not consent to this and you are violating my rights on the grounds of Arizona vs Hicks. Then it gets good, the Sheriff Department had shown up by this point and was standing around this City LEO out of jurisdiction being given a short law lesson by some college kid in the county, and they were looking at him like what are you doing? He then pointed my loaded hand gun right at my leg and snatched the slide back, chambering a round in the process because he did not remove the clip. Are LEOs really this dumb, Poor gun safety, no knowledge of law or how it is used, outside his jurisdiction and violating my rights. At that point I brought it to his attention he just chambered my weapon in a manner that put me in danger. At this point he was rather confused and did not quite know what to do, he had violated my rights and then in turn put me in harms way by chambering my own weapon, which I did not give him concent to remove from my persons. Illegal search and seizure.
So he turns to the Sheriff Deputies standing behind him and says, "so what do you guys think?." WOW way to go captain dumbass. The Deputies asked him the same question has he committed a crime, no then let him go. You should not have even taken his firearm from him, he is doing nothing wrong.
If you are wondering why the Sheriff Department showed up it is because when this guy pulled over and started the whole. ID, NAME, What are doing BS I dialed the Sheriffs department and requested assistance at my location haha, it worked they came right away. I did know one of the Sheriffs and after this all went down he was like, damn son what did you do the local LEO, haha. Hold grudges much. I got pulled for driving a white suv, and then was profiled and pulled from my car for disclosing the fact I had a firearm in the back.
Someone in town had been driving around in a white suv flashing a gun at people, I was in a white SUV with a gun in the back. Profiling at it's greatest.
I was compliant but I was not nice, and did drop a bunch of laws on them that they where violating my rights, and how I wanted everyones badge number and that my brother was a Sheriff and I would not stand for this if it happened again. So the already know I am a handful and will not role over and let them ram it in me like all the other sheep out here.

I am in the process of building this case on the LEO outside his jurisdication and chambering my own weapon in fanishion that not only put my life in danger but violated my rights, I did not get it on tape and have no audio. So gonna be hard based off of my word verses his, and the Sheriff I know is not willing to help since he would then be caught in the middle of it and he nothing o do with it in the first place.

However I now walk the same route once a week with my gun in OC and a camera running. I am just waiting, I do not belive the practice adobted by the LEO community are justified and I think people should stand up for their rights before you have none.

? For the haters?
Do you think that gun control is going to keep guns out of the hands of criminals, do you really think criminals are buy legal guns, or for that matter care if the gun they are buying is legal. If you are a criminal and you want a weapon you drive to DeBo's house and buy one from him duh.
I know of two people right now that sell guns and will continue to do so until they are dead or in prison. End story. Gun control is dumb people have been and will continue to kill each other no matter what laws you put into effect.
I just want to protect myself and my family. I would even protect my neighbors if it came down to it. And I do not feel with the great lack of intelligence I see in LEO these days I do not trust them to protect me.

I am a nice guy, I love life, I love free living, I enjoy the small things, I laugh and smile ever day because it if fun and healthy, in these sense I am an American and I love are country, but when it comes time to put up or shut up, I am coming out guns blazing to protect my rights and my families rights.

Build Log 8-12s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement