Tuesday I took the day off to do some further work to my system but ended up getting rained out. I still drove to work to see if I could squeeze in under the canopy for the tractor (which they'd sold a while back) but they just bought a riding mower which was now in residence under the cover.
Skunked I drove home. In GA, as in a few other states, you are required to run your headlights in the rain. I'm a tad absent minded so I forgot about them when I got home. Needless to say, at 1:30 Weds afternoon, my battery was as flat as a pancake. As driving a lead acid battery that dead tends to kill them permanently I hitched a ride to wallyworld and picked up the biggest battery they carry for my application. It's rated at 700A, 800CCA. Nothing major mind you but still quite an improvement over my 450A/540CCA mini-me battery.
I expected an improvement in the dimming I saw at high levels but it's still there. It's improved a bit but I was certainly expecting better from increasing my capacity by well over 33%. Don't get me wrong, with my headlights off, my voltages range from 14.3 to 14.5 at typical listening levels at the battery, I haven't checked with the lights on.