My First "Gaming" computer - Car Audio Classifieds!
Car Audio Classifieds!  

Go Back   Car Audio Classifieds! > The OT™ > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat Sit back, relax and chat with other members about any and everything. Keep it PG-13!


Notices

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-09-2015, 05:37 PM
Ryan1126's Avatar
Elite Member
 
Activity Longevity
0/20 18/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss9178
Location: San Diego, CA
Age: 29
Thanks: 97
Thanked 380 Times in 274 Posts
iTrader: (59)
Feedback Score: 59 reviews
Default My First "Gaming" computer

Recently i have gotten into the game H1Z1 and my last computer ( bought in 2010 off the shelf at walmart ) finally couldnt handle something i was throwing at it, so i decided its time to get a computer that is more capable and has room for upgrades, so i picked this up.




Fractal Design R4 case
core i7 920 nehalem quad core processor @ 3.2GHz
cooler master v8 cpu cooler
evga x58 3-way sli motherboard
6 gb triple channel ddr3 memory @ 1600MHz
EVGA Nvidia GTX 670 gpu
sound blaster audigy sound card
samsung 840 pro 256mb SSD for start up
western digital green 500 gb storage
corsair 550w power supply

i have a week old Corsair CX750 watt power supply, should i bother putting it in?

Also if you had this what would be the first thing you upgraded out of it? i have always been interested in building my own but needed something fast so i figured i would start with a nice base.

even though as of right now its a badass machine compared to anything i have ever been on and im fine with how it performs now, but why not go better?
__________________

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 09-09-2015, 06:03 PM
Nudels's Avatar
SNOTFACE!
 
Activity Longevity
0/20 19/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss5371
Location: in a box in the closet
Age: 40
Thanks: 69
Thanked 82 Times in 58 Posts
iTrader: (18)
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan1126 View Post
Recently i have gotten into the game H1Z1 and my last computer ( bought in 2010 off the shelf at walmart ) finally couldnt handle something i was throwing at it, so i decided its time to get a computer that is more capable and has room for upgrades, so i picked this up.




Fractal Design R4 case
core i7 920 nehalem quad core processor @ 3.2GHz
cooler master v8 cpu cooler
evga x58 3-way sli motherboard
6 gb triple channel ddr3 memory @ 1600MHz
EVGA Nvidia GTX 670 gpu
sound blaster audigy sound card
samsung 840 pro 256mb SSD for start up
western digital green 500 gb storage
corsair 550w power supply

i have a week old Corsair CX750 watt power supply, should i bother putting it in?

Also if you had this what would be the first thing you upgraded out of it? i have always been interested in building my own but needed something fast so i figured i would start with a nice base.

even though as of right now its a badass machine compared to anything i have ever been on and im fine with how it performs now, but why not go better?
use the 750w p/s, upgrade the ram,.. not much else you need unless you want to store media,.. if that's the case, you can find a 1tb external harddrive for ~$100-150~

ive got 2tb worth of harddrive and ive used about half for movies and music
__________________
who wants a nudel ride?


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3  
Old 09-09-2015, 06:24 PM
Ryan1126's Avatar
Elite Member
 
Activity Longevity
0/20 18/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss9178
Location: San Diego, CA
Age: 29
Thanks: 97
Thanked 380 Times in 274 Posts
iTrader: (59)
Feedback Score: 59 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nudels View Post
use the 750w p/s, upgrade the ram,.. not much else you need unless you want to store media,.. if that's the case, you can find a 1tb external harddrive for ~$100-150~

ive got 2tb worth of harddrive and ive used about half for movies and music
thats what i was thinking, i have like 8gigs of ram on my other computer i could swap over. i dont see me needing anymore than maybe 8gigs total. i usually only do one thing at a time. im also gonna keep my other computer for all music / movies
__________________

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #4  
Old 09-09-2015, 06:34 PM
Nudels's Avatar
SNOTFACE!
 
Activity Longevity
0/20 19/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss5371
Location: in a box in the closet
Age: 40
Thanks: 69
Thanked 82 Times in 58 Posts
iTrader: (18)
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan1126 View Post
thats what i was thinking, i have like 8gigs of ram on my other computer i could swap over. i dont see me needing anymore than maybe 8gigs total. i usually only do one thing at a time. im also gonna keep my other computer for all music / movies
you can always use a lan setup or file sharing network to access files from your old pc

im currently using a 16gb ram, but my main game requires such for proper operation without lowering my settings
__________________
who wants a nudel ride?


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Nudels; 09-09-2015 at 06:37 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 09-09-2015, 07:07 PM
Silver03gt's Avatar
Elite Member
 
Activity Longevity
1/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss687
Location: Waldorf, MD
Thanks: 63
Thanked 45 Times in 42 Posts
iTrader: (1)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Default

Awesome setup. I have been looking into building me another one since the one I am on now is around 5 years old.
__________________
2017 Chevrolet Silverado LT 1500 - Mechman 320 amp alt, possibly 4 DC M3 8s center console, some 3k amp.

2005 Ford F150 - bagged on 24s. Maybe new sound vehicle. (SOLD)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 09-09-2015, 07:10 PM
craiggus365's Avatar
Partially Unwound
 
Activity Longevity
1/20 19/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2696
Location: NJ -(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Age: 46
Thanks: 79
Thanked 217 Times in 197 Posts
iTrader: (13)
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Default

If storage is your goal a NAS and fast network (ie gigabit) could be your best friend. A 2nd drive on board to use for extracting files to/from really speeds up the zip/unzip process too.
__________________
Where the Governor is on a steak, the cops are on the take, and the welcoming committee is a sawed-off shotgun!

Last edited by craiggus365; 09-09-2015 at 07:10 PM. Reason: clarify
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7  
Old 09-09-2015, 08:37 PM
Ryan1126's Avatar
Elite Member
 
Activity Longevity
0/20 18/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss9178
Location: San Diego, CA
Age: 29
Thanks: 97
Thanked 380 Times in 274 Posts
iTrader: (59)
Feedback Score: 59 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nudels View Post
you can always use a lan setup or file sharing network to access files from your old pc

im currently using a 16gb ram, but my main game requires such for proper operation without lowering my settings
what game needs that much?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver03gt View Post
Awesome setup. I have been looking into building me another one since the one I am on now is around 5 years old.
i hope so i dont know too much about computers, my friend found it and said it was a good deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by craiggus365 View Post
If storage is your goal a NAS and fast network (ie gigabit) could be your best friend. A 2nd drive on board to use for extracting files to/from really speeds up the zip/unzip process too.
i dont store much, mostly just pictures and i keep my computer pretty clean regardless.
__________________

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8  
Old 09-09-2015, 09:14 PM
Elite Member
 
Activity Longevity
0/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1882
Location: Hiram, georgia
Thanks: 282
Thanked 138 Times in 127 Posts
iTrader: (9)
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Default

Nice start Ryan! Glad things worked out on it.

As far as the build goes, swap the power supply out for headroom. Like us having bigger amps then we need, same concept.

Also. You can NEVER have too much ram. Slap that thing as full as you can afford.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #9  
Old 09-09-2015, 09:18 PM
Silver03gt's Avatar
Elite Member
 
Activity Longevity
1/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss687
Location: Waldorf, MD
Thanks: 63
Thanked 45 Times in 42 Posts
iTrader: (1)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Default

I dont know much about them but I have a couple buddies that can ramble on about this stuff for years.
__________________
2017 Chevrolet Silverado LT 1500 - Mechman 320 amp alt, possibly 4 DC M3 8s center console, some 3k amp.

2005 Ford F150 - bagged on 24s. Maybe new sound vehicle. (SOLD)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #10  
Old 09-09-2015, 09:45 PM
Red Light Ear Rapist
 
Activity Longevity
0/20 9/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1397
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Thanks: 428
Thanked 183 Times in 144 Posts
iTrader: (10)
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Default

i did comp set ups, 10k pcs, more radiators then you know what to do with, 4 way sli, im not here to brag, pm me if your really curious
__________________
2013 Subaru Legacy B-Pillar
4 Crossfire v4 18s
2 Crossfire 8x's @.33
1 Crescendo C.2 SQ with a Ampere JM1
3 SINGER 270's + Limitless 100ah 16v + 25ah 12v
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Car Audio Classifieds! forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Location
Where you live
Level of Car Audio Knowledge
What's your level of car audio?

Log-in



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My 2013 Gaming Computer build taylorpro Technology & Computer 14 11-11-2013 07:46 PM
New Custom Built Gaming PCs - High Quality "Boutiqe Style" Builds andale927 Miscellaneous Stuff For Sale 9 12-15-2012 02:24 PM
dual 24" monitor gaming setup 2000LaDe Off Topic Chat 6 11-22-2011 12:30 PM
FS: Razer Gaming Computer Mouse Jh8909 Miscellaneous Stuff For Sale 8 12-21-2010 01:26 PM
building an inexpensive gaming computer mjf595 Technology & Computer 26 12-01-2009 12:17 AM

» Amps
A/d/s/
Advent
Alphasonik
Alpine
American Bass
ARC Audio
Atomic
Audio Art
Audio Gods
Audiobahn
Audiocontrol
Audiopipe
Audison
Aura
Autotek
Avionixx
Bazooka
Beyma
Blaupunkt
Boss
Boston Acoustics
Bravox
Cadence
Cascade (CAE)
CDT Audio
Cerwin Vega
Clarion
Clif Designs
Concept
Coustic
Critical Mass
Crossfire
Crunch
DB Drive
DC Audio
DC Power
DEI
Denon
Diabolo
Diamond
Digital Designs
Directed
DLS
Dual
DYnamat
Dynaudio
Earthquake
Eclipse
Elemental Designs
ESX
Eton
Farenheit
Fi Car Audio
Fix My Speaker
Focal
Fusion
Genesis
Ground Zero
Hafler
Helix
Hertz
Hifonics
Hushmat
Image Dynamics
Infinity
Interfire
JBL
Jensen
JL Audio
JVC
Kenwood
Kicker
Knu Konceptz
Kole Audio
Kove Audio
Lanzar
Lightning Audio
Linear Power
MA Audio
Magnat
Marantz
Massive Audio
MB Quart
McIntosh
Memphis
Metra
MMATS
Mobile Authority
Morel
MTX
Nakamichi
Niche Audio
O2 Audio
Ohio Generator
Optima
Orion
Oxygen Audio
OZ Audio
PG Audio
Phase Linear
Phoenix Gold
Pioneer
Polk
Power Acoustik
Powerbass
Powermaster
Precision Power
Profile
Pyle
Pyramid
RadioShack
Rainbow
Rampage
RE AUdio
Rockford Fosgate
Scanspeak
Scosche
Seas
Sony
soundstream
Sparkomatic
SPL Dynamics
Stinger
Sundown Audio
Swiss Audio
Targa
TC Sounds
TREO Engineering
TRU
Tsunami
Ultimate
US Acoustics
US Amps
Velodyne
Vifa
Viper
Visonik
Xtant
Zapco
Zed Audio
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
Links
Amp Guts
amplifier, amp guts, ampguts, car audio classifieds, speakers and subs for sale with listings of 12 volt sound systems. Security systems for sale for aftermarket car audio equipment with amplifier and amps for sale
Car Audio Forum
car audio forum, moble audio, car stereo, wholesale car audio, 12 volt, with, amplifier, amp, subwoofer, sound quality, buy car audio, and sell automotive stereo systems for cars
Car Audio Sound Quality Forum
Sound QUality science based car audio forum, amplifier, subs and speaker design, fabrication help, sound systems forum, aftermarket car audio website for sound quality.
Car Stereo Forum
DIYMA car audio stereo forum for 12 volt car audio subwoofer and amplifier systems that have sound quality with wholesale car audio products.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:12 PM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.