The prototype piece is the 3/4" MDF which I started with. After I was satisfied with it's overall measurements and what it looks like, I made one out of aluminum. The chamfer I didn't like so I left it out. Notice the wood threads....lol.
Now the aluminum piece I made entirely at home. It wasn't CNC'd.
The next few pics show what you see is an L form of MDF which represents a cut-away area of a subwoofer enclosure.
The 2 1/4" allenhead bolts on top of the aluminum block hold the block in place with spiked t-nuts on the bottom. The big bolt in the middle of the block is started on the bottom of the "enclosure" and thru the aluminum block.
I basically created something that would allow removeable subwoofer enclosures w/o the use of anything else. Utilizing existing vehicle holes/welded nuts in place is what this will be for. The aluminum block will sit on the bottom on the enclosure and those 2 allenhead bolts will keep the block in place and won't move.
I came up with this idea because I had my box bolted down from inside the box. But...in order to move the box if necessary was I had to remove 2 of the 4 subs I had. That gold bolt you see in those pics is what I used plus some washers and a small aluminum piece. This would be a quick release/removeable system, if you shall call it.
I'm going to try this on my next enclosure and give it a test run. Only thing that concerns me at this point is since the middle gold bolt will be underneath the vehicle, I will prob add a rubber washer to prevent any water/moister to enter any openings of the area.
'97 4 dr. Tahoe
Polk Audio MM6501
Wolfram amps 3000.1, 125.4 coming soon
2 Sundown Audio X 15's Tuned @ 30Hz.
Interstate battery/Royal Excelene/KnuKoncepts Kolossus wiring