My views on our economy - Car Audio Classifieds!
Car Audio Classifieds!  

Go Back   Car Audio Classifieds! > The OT™ > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat Sit back, relax and chat with other members about any and everything. Keep it PG-13!

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2008, 04:52 AM
Loud Noises

Activity Longevity
0/20 20/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss9731
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Default My views on our economy

I would like everyone to step out of their everyday mindset for one minute and ask yourself is our economy really as hopeless as the media makes it out to be? I hear day and day again that our economy is in the shitter and there is nothing we can do. In this spiel I would like to make two things very clear. First off our economy is not in the condition people think it is and secondly Obama and his decisions will not destroy the country no matter how many times sore losers say it.

First I would like to say by no means is our economy sky rocketing, but to say we are in a depression and we have dug a hole that we cannot get out of is a little farfetched in my eyes. I hear things like this on a daily basis from practically everyone and I still don’t understand how people can say this. Has no one in this world actually watched our economy? I will just lay out a few facts from reputable (non-biased) sites such as CNN to give some supporting facts to my claims. Not to get side tracked but I strongly believe politicians have lost sight of giving supporting facts. Now a days it seems as though almost anyone in Washington or the Media can make a ridiculous claim and no one dare questions them for supporting facts. Well onto the real facts. What makes a country in a depression? Well technically from an economist’s viewpoint anything over a 6% un-employment is counted as a depression. At this coming moment the United States Un-employment rate is 6.5%. In March of 1994 the unemployment rate was the same, but no depression was declared then. Not much of anything happened that year, no stimulus packages were made and no panicking was brought on by the media. Why do you suppose that is? I believe it is because we have gone from a classical economist viewpoint to a Keynesian view. We are so afraid that if we don’t change how our country currently is, there is no other place to go but further down. Another example of our current and healthy economy is the fact that light sweet crude is at $61 a barrel. The same place it was in the beginning of 2005. This is happening not because the supply and demand is being measured as Opec has claimed, rather the bubble has burst and the overvalued oil has settled to where it should be. In a classical view, our economy is following the same route. Our economy was overvalued, now it is stabling out.

A lot of what is happening to our economy is due to us and not our government. Companies are not being run correctly and that hurts those companies. It’s pretty simple, the companies that work hard are still profiting, and the companies that have been slacking off are suffering. To get a quick view at which companies are doing what, I suggest you look at a DOW ticker. You will see electronics and medical companies in the green while banks and car companies are in the red. Well let’s think about this for a second. Why would bank s and car companies be in the red? Car companies in the US haven’t made decent vehicles since the 70s and that is catching up with them, while banks have executive corruption on top of handing out loans they simply shouldn’t have. In turn the companies are simply hurting themselves. I don’t believe our economy has the power to do the damage that is done even if they tried. The hurting parts of our economy are where they are for a reason. Should I or the government feel bad that 159,000 automotive jobs were lost in Michigan over the past decade? My answer is NO! Car companies have been digging themselves a hole for decades. The R&D at GM could be better spent on researching the effects of eating paint chips; nothing innovative has come from an American based car company in the past 25 years. I would blame that on the American based car companies and no one else. In this day and age everyone is looking for someone or something to blame their problems on. I think if our economy wants to be as successful as everyone wishes it to be, we need to blame ourselves and make the changes needed. The government doesn’t have this type or control, its only something we can do.

Finally, the fact that Obama is now our president, the United States will not destroy itself. These are absurd thoughts that most people hear from people like O’reilly or any FOX based news show. By the way I have heard endless rants from Bill O’reilly about how it’s the democrats fault. Well seeing that O’reilly got his Master's in Public Administration and was a school teacher before he joined fox, I feel I am just as qualified to make this argument, if anything… I am more qualified due to having a little something called supporting facts. So our economy is not in as bad of shape as it is made out to be and if people want to see it better, the government will not be the one to fix it. They may help, but the entire economy needs to step in. It’s easy to just point a finger and blame it on someone, several liberals have all ready begun blaming Obama for the economy which I find just ridiculous as the man has only been in power for a few days but none the less I hear and see these claims. Next time you hear about our hopeless economy think first, is it really hopeless and why is it the way it is?
Advertisement

Old 11-10-2008, 06:30 AM
Car audio classifieds, stereo sales, subwoofer amps mids classified caraudio, BANNED!!

Activity Longevity
0/20 20/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss4511
Feedback Score: 52 reviews

our economy is in the shits because our imports exceed our exports, basic economics from 06-07 my company lost over 100k in profits. thats net not gross. it isnt becuase we are lazy and dont work hard, lots of our accounts have closed down due to the current state of our economy and people would rather put their money torwards food and not a winshield.
and the economy isnt hopeless, just getting worst. im no economic major or whatever you want to call it but im really good friends with my high school teacher and we tend to talk about the economy every now and then

as for the Obama thing shit wont change until his second term and im going to leave it at that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2008, 09:17 AM
Car audio classifieds, stereo sales, subwoofer amps mids classified caraudio, BANNED!!

Activity Longevity
0/20 20/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss9745
Feedback Score: 18 reviews

I do think we will bounce back but it will take some time and when I say time I mean years down the line.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-

Old 11-10-2008, 09:29 AM
Super Moderators

Activity Longevity
2/20 20/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss18242
Feedback Score: 64 reviews

I agree it's no where near as bad as it's made out to be. The news media is doing what they do. They must post and relay the stories that will grab attention, so a few people panic and the rest of the country follows suit. Remember our country is one built on followers, we have a president that "leads" us and we have government which tells us what to do and what not to do etc. If you apply that thinking to every aspect of your life, you will see exactly what I mean.

My Car, My Ears.

Quote:
if it was anyone besides nizzy i would agree. but he gave you the benefit of the doubt and only gave you a 5 pter when it should be considered a perma ban. nizzy isnt a nazi mod, hes one of the laid back ones. although i do not support all of the staffs decisions this is one staff that i do support 100%. just let it go and move on. it will expire
Old 11-10-2008, 11:43 AM
CACO Supporter

Activity Longevity
0/20 20/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss476
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

I think we won't see a difference in our economy till later on the years. Just because Obama became president, changes wouldn't affect asap. I would like to see CHANGE as he said in many of his campaigns happen, but it's gonna take a while.

The media is the media. Their job is too scare and make everyone worried. Once something seems valid to one person, it will be valid to all. That's just cuz word of mouth spreads quickly these days. A really bored guy from the middle of no where, can easily make something up, and spread it. We got so many ways for everyone to communicate quickly. Internet, text messaging, emails, blogs, television, myspace, etc.

dB

Old 11-10-2008, 11:46 AM
DLP customs

Activity Longevity
0/20 0/20
Today Posts
0/0 sssssssss

If we do away with gas completley it would help.
Old 11-10-2008, 11:54 AM

Activity Longevity
0/20 20/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss4511
Feedback Score: 52 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantebirosel View Post
I think we won't see a difference in our economy till later on the years. Just because Obama became president, changes wouldn't affect asap. I would like to see CHANGE as he said in many of his campaigns happen, but it's gonna take a while.

The media is the media. Their job is too scare and make everyone worried. Once something seems valid to one person, it will be valid to all. That's just cuz word of mouth spreads quickly these days. A really bored guy from the middle of no where, can easily make something up, and spread it. We got so many ways for everyone to communicate quickly. Internet, text messaging, emails, blogs, television, myspace, etc.

dB
bingo, like i stated everything will be the same till his second term. thats when he will make some progress. not enough but he will get the ball rollin.
what would help is stop being dependant on foriegn goods.
Old 11-10-2008, 11:55 AM
CACO Supporter

Activity Longevity
0/20 20/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss476
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deafdreamz View Post
If we do away with gas completley it would help.
I think gas is the #1 problem for everyone. It's the only conversations we have amongst others in the gas stations. lol.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement