Originally Posted by 20Hz_And_Below
what about for a one time thing just to see how it comes out...
Don't do it. One time is all it takes to ruin it with toxic fumes.
Go on craigslist to buy a cheap electric oven.
The process you are doing is called plastic thermal forming. We use this process at work. It's best to heat up the mold so it doesn't prematurely cool the plastic during the forming process. This gets especially sensitive when trying to form on thin plastics, like when making RC car bodies. A good mold release agent is motor oil. If making a wooden mold try finding the driest wood you can get your hands on. A couple of heat up cycles will bring out the sap out of wood and it will fall apart. Good luck with your project and post some pics up.