redo my alt - Car Audio Classifieds!
Car Audio Classifieds!  

Go Back   Car Audio Classifieds! > Vendors > (Singer)

(Singer) Singer Alternators' Official Forum


Notices

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-11-2013, 11:28 AM
Team Ampere Audio
 
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss779
Location: alabama
Thanks: 9
Thanked 32 Times in 29 Posts
iTrader: (4)
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Default redo my alt

Mike,


I bought a 320a gm alt for my 1997 cadillac sevile sls from tenney last october. As far as I know there is nothing wrong with the alt, but I'm doing a major major build with a lot of subs, amps, and batteries right now. I want to make sure this alt is doing what its supposed to do. How much will you charge me to send it in, and you rework it for me to get maximum potential out of it Fyi, itz an external unit I have the transpo 911 external regulator.

Just check it out and make sure everything is good to go, and if not, fix it up for me. I'd really like for it to be putting out 350ish or so. Just beef it up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 09-11-2013, 02:30 PM
profundus-sanus's Avatar
Veteran Member
 
Activity Longevity
0/20 19/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3026
Location: wilmington, nc
Age: 32
Thanks: 289
Thanked 231 Times in 155 Posts
iTrader: (14)
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Default

well, the cs144 your car takes is really only a 250a alt in its best form. we can certainly take it in and make sure all is good, although sadly a lot of the stuff tenney used is trash by our standards. don't get me wrong if anything is good in there we'll reuse it. you could end up with a 250$ bill to get it into a form that we'll allow off the test bench, however.

we do offer a 350a unit for that car, if you have a couple inches of clearance behind the alt. But that 350a unit pretty much only uses the cs144 front case for mounting purposes, the rest of it is out of a new style gm large case.
__________________

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3  
Old 09-11-2013, 03:33 PM
Team Ampere Audio
 
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss779
Location: alabama
Thanks: 9
Thanked 32 Times in 29 Posts
iTrader: (4)
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by profundus-sanus View Post
well, the cs144 your car takes is really only a 250a alt in its best form. we can certainly take it in and make sure all is good, although sadly a lot of the stuff tenney used is trash by our standards. don't get me wrong if anything is good in there we'll reuse it. you could end up with a 250$ bill to get it into a form that we'll allow off the test bench, however.

we do offer a 350a unit for that car, if you have a couple inches of clearance behind the alt. But that 350a unit pretty much only uses the cs144 front case for mounting purposes, the rest of it is out of a new style gm large case.

Understood on all points.

Please note that it was sent to me as a "ad244 conversion" it was quite a bit bigger than the stock alt i took off. If that heklps u any.

Ive only ran 2500rms on it and with 1 battery upfront, It never moved as far as voltage goes. But id still likwe to make sure its puttin out all it can. How much will it be for you to rework it and make it put out consistent 200a-300a.

Thats the question.

As far as your unit goes, how much is it?/ CAuse i remember getting a quote from one of your reps and the price was sky high. And by sky high, im talking around $500 bucks. And even if the tenney is only doing 250a out of 320a, it was only $290 bucks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
  #4  
Old 09-11-2013, 03:36 PM
BallzFast's Avatar
Peel & Seal works!
 
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss7087
Location: salisbury,md
Age: 47
Thanks: 291
Thanked 723 Times in 571 Posts
iTrader: (41)
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by profundus-sanus View Post
we do offer a 350a unit for that car, if you have a couple inches of clearance behind the alt. But that 350a unit pretty much only uses the cs144 front case for mounting purposes, the rest of it is out of a new style gm large case.
do you have something similar for a '03 hyundai santa fe 2.4l? i have a 200a ea direct bolt on right now.could i send the stock alt(nothing wrong 95a) and have it done like the one you mentioned?if so,how much is that?
__________________
04 5.7L Hemi Durango Limited 4x4. Small install coming later.
Quote:
CACO now stands for "Cheap Ass Car Owners".
Quote:
My game is legit,
"Does this cloth smell like chloroform to you?"
Quote:
I'd probly bang my sister if I had one and she was hot enough
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 09-11-2013, 03:42 PM
Elite Member
 
Activity Longevity
0/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss4519
Location: County Lakes, NJ
Thanks: 526
Thanked 254 Times in 187 Posts
iTrader: (15)
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholasmccabe View Post
Understood on all points.

Please note that it was sent to me as a "ad244 conversion" it was quite a bit bigger than the stock alt i took off. If that heklps u any.

Ive only ran 2500rms on it and with 1 battery upfront, It never moved as far as voltage goes. But id still likwe to make sure its puttin out all it can. How much will it be for you to rework it and make it put out consistent 200a-300a.

Thats the question.

As far as your unit goes, how much is it?/ CAuse i remember getting a quote from one of your reps and the price was sky high. And by sky high, im talking around $500 bucks. And even if the tenney is only doing 250a out of 320a, it was only $290 bucks
He can't really give you an accurate quote without tearing it down and seeing what parts are reusable,if any.
__________________
To find sealed resonance
resolve Vas/28.32 =
result of that divided by Vb( box volume)
result of that +1
square root that result
result of that multiplied by FS
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 09-11-2013, 03:51 PM
profundus-sanus's Avatar
Veteran Member
 
Activity Longevity
0/20 19/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3026
Location: wilmington, nc
Age: 32
Thanks: 289
Thanked 231 Times in 155 Posts
iTrader: (14)
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholasmccabe View Post
Understood on all points.

Please note that it was sent to me as a "ad244 conversion" it was quite a bit bigger than the stock alt i took off. If that heklps u any.

Ive only ran 2500rms on it and with 1 battery upfront, It never moved as far as voltage goes. But id still likwe to make sure its puttin out all it can. How much will it be for you to rework it and make it put out consistent 200a-300a.

Thats the question.

As far as your unit goes, how much is it?/ CAuse i remember getting a quote from one of your reps and the price was sky high. And by sky high, im talking around $500 bucks. And even if the tenney is only doing 250a out of 320a, it was only $290 bucks

yea around 500$ is accurate for our 350a ad244 conversion for a stock cs144 vehicle.

if it was a ad244 conversion then it is certainly capable of more than 250a.

we can certainly work on it, just make sure to put good contact information with the alt if you send it in, as i'm sure mike will need to call you to make decisions once the quality of internals has been determined.

just lemme know and i'll pm you the address to send it to.
__________________

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7  
Old 09-11-2013, 05:16 PM
Team Ampere Audio
 
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss779
Location: alabama
Thanks: 9
Thanked 32 Times in 29 Posts
iTrader: (4)
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by profundus-sanus View Post
yea around 500$ is accurate for our 350a ad244 conversion for a stock cs144 vehicle.

if it was a ad244 conversion then it is certainly capable of more than 250a.

we can certainly work on it, just make sure to put good contact information with the alt if you send it in, as i'm sure mike will need to call you to make decisions once the quality of internals has been determined.

just lemme know and i'll pm you the address to send it to.
Much appreciated my good sir. Car is currently at Neil Barbers shop getting some work done to it.

but after I get it back, I will most certainly snatch the bitchh off and send it to you guys along with good contact info. I mean, in all honesty, you may test it and its doing what it is supposed to do, I just want to make sure. Know what im sayin
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8  
Old 09-11-2013, 06:05 PM
profundus-sanus's Avatar
Veteran Member
 
Activity Longevity
0/20 19/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3026
Location: wilmington, nc
Age: 32
Thanks: 289
Thanked 231 Times in 155 Posts
iTrader: (14)
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholasmccabe View Post
Much appreciated my good sir. Car is currently at Neil Barbers shop getting some work done to it.

but after I get it back, I will most certainly snatch the bitchh off and send it to you guys along with good contact info. I mean, in all honesty, you may test it and its doing what it is supposed to do, I just want to make sure. Know what im sayin
certainly.
__________________

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Car Audio Classifieds! forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Location
Where you live
Level of Car Audio Knowledge
What's your level of car audio?

Log-in



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2004 Malibu classic redo SPLpizzaguy Build Logs 16 04-22-2011 08:51 PM
Violence. redo. wall, cactus sounds, xs power Violence* Build Logs 110 03-17-2011 07:21 PM
New changes, major front end redo... madmat Sound Quality Area 4 07-21-2010 02:40 AM
REDO midwrz General Car Audio Discussion & Questions 16 06-16-2010 01:57 AM
caps is gonna redo his highs caps General Car Audio Discussion & Questions 57 10-21-2008 05:58 PM

» Amps
A/d/s/
Advent
Alphasonik
Alpine
American Bass
ARC Audio
Atomic
Audio Art
Audio Gods
Audiobahn
Audiocontrol
Audiopipe
Audison
Aura
Autotek
Avionixx
Bazooka
Beyma
Blaupunkt
Boss
Boston Acoustics
Bravox
Cadence
Cascade (CAE)
CDT Audio
Cerwin Vega
Clarion
Clif Designs
Concept
Coustic
Critical Mass
Crossfire
Crunch
DB Drive
DC Audio
DC Power
DEI
Denon
Diabolo
Diamond
Digital Designs
Directed
DLS
Dual
DYnamat
Dynaudio
Earthquake
Eclipse
Elemental Designs
ESX
Eton
Farenheit
Fi Car Audio
Fix My Speaker
Focal
Fusion
Genesis
Ground Zero
Hafler
Helix
Hertz
Hifonics
Hushmat
Image Dynamics
Infinity
Interfire
JBL
Jensen
JL Audio
JVC
Kenwood
Kicker
Knu Konceptz
Kole Audio
Kove Audio
Lanzar
Lightning Audio
Linear Power
MA Audio
Magnat
Marantz
Massive Audio
MB Quart
McIntosh
Memphis
Metra
MMATS
Mobile Authority
Morel
MTX
Nakamichi
Niche Audio
O2 Audio
Ohio Generator
Optima
Orion
Oxygen Audio
OZ Audio
PG Audio
Phase Linear
Phoenix Gold
Pioneer
Polk
Power Acoustik
Powerbass
Powermaster
Precision Power
Profile
Pyle
Pyramid
RadioShack
Rainbow
Rampage
RE AUdio
Rockford Fosgate
Scanspeak
Scosche
Seas
Sony
soundstream
Sparkomatic
SPL Dynamics
Stinger
Sundown Audio
Swiss Audio
Targa
TC Sounds
TREO Engineering
TRU
Tsunami
Ultimate
US Acoustics
US Amps
Velodyne
Vifa
Viper
Visonik
Xtant
Zapco
Zed Audio
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
Links
Amp Guts
amplifier, amp guts, ampguts, car audio classifieds, speakers and subs for sale with listings of 12 volt sound systems. Security systems for sale for aftermarket car audio equipment with amplifier and amps for sale
Car Audio Forum
car audio forum, moble audio, car stereo, wholesale car audio, 12 volt, with, amplifier, amp, subwoofer, sound quality, buy car audio, and sell automotive stereo systems for cars
Car Audio Sound Quality Forum
Sound QUality science based car audio forum, amplifier, subs and speaker design, fabrication help, sound systems forum, aftermarket car audio website for sound quality.
Car Stereo Forum
DIYMA car audio stereo forum for 12 volt car audio subwoofer and amplifier systems that have sound quality with wholesale car audio products.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:34 PM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.