Car Audio Classifieds! banner

how many square ft would it take to double layer my jeeps roof

2K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  Todd Dupler 
#1 ·
Want to put deadener on my roof, a double layer , how many Sq ft would I need?

#5 ·
dont' double layer. the second layer is only deading your deadener, waste of product. do a single layer, if it's so bad you know that won't help get some wood up there or fiberglass.. just trying to add mass isn't ever going to fully fix it.

If your restricted by your class use tantric deadenr. it's very thick and stiff when it dries. it'll stop your flex.

#6 ·
If your restricted by your class use tantric deadenr. it's very thick and stiff when it dries. it'll stop your flex.
I hate this. I did the b pillar and back with solid wood down to the box. When I had just 1 layer of 1/2" ply my roof was solid. A tube of 8x PL and a sheet of 1/2" ply is about $30. How much is the tantric gator skin or vibraflex or whatever it's called? Sux that a competitor needs to spend $250 to be in a lower class, even though the wood works better and 1/10 the price. /RANT

I'm bout to put wood on my roof and say fvckit to the competition side of it. Demo's are more fun anyway.

#7 ·
Its one of the reasons im doing meca m3 this season as opposed to staying in a trunk class.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.