Car Audio Classifieds! banner

deadening the floor?

1K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  Lowroll 
#1 ·
In regards to SPL I know literally everything is trial and error but has anyone deadened the floor and tested before and after to verify a loss or gain? I would assume it is flexing, everything else in the truck is. If I get time this week I may just try it and see, and update here.

Any insight would be appreciated

#3 ·
I most certainly will. in my other trucks I've just always hit the floor with 2 layers and called it good, I've never tested before and after. To try ill use P&S as I already have 2 rolls and if this doesn't work then I wont be out a whole lot for having tested it.

#6 ·
Chris, How much of it did you do? like do you have a wall and you did to the C or B, or did you do the entire floor front to rear?

#7 ·
It's a b pillar wall w 4 lvl 5 15s on 4 5ks. I did 3 layers of audio technix 80 mil on roof , floor, door skins , inner regulator plate and outer regulator plate.ans 2 on the inside of the door pannel itself. I had deadner from an old build already in the rest of the truck. I'm gonna pull the dash soon and put 5 layers under in on the firewall because that's where I'm loosing it from now. It's a pain in the ass to do it properly but it's worth it. The Tahoe does a 59.7 at 38 hz and will hold a 57.8 on music for 1:30 dropping to 13v give or take

#8 ·
Interesting, I was out of the lanes for a while and now that i'm back in I am having to learn a new set of rules. Need to check with NSPL and dB drag and see if they have any regulations on deadener. I know with meca it was no more than 2 layers on any panel.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.