1. Personal attacks, threats, flaming, or disrespecting individuals (members or not) will not be tolerated on CACO, the action taken is at the discretion of the Staff members handling the situation.
2. All sales and purchases are at the risk of the individuals involved. Please be certain that you make safe and intelligent secure payment arrangements. CarAudioClassifieds.org is not responsible/liable for any sales that go uncompensated. We are also not responsible/liable for any item advertised for sale on this site, and the integrity of that product's representation.
3. Scammer's or members with sketchy transactions in their past are not welcome and will be put on the Prohibited Seller's list immediately or banned if valid proof is provided.
4. Selling parts that you do NOT have on hand just isn't going to work on this forum. Get the parts on hand, take pictures of them and then post them. ALL threads of anything for sale that a member does not currently have on hand (unless they can provide justifiable proof that they do own those parts) will be closed.
5. NO MULTI-ITEM
posts please separate the items into separate threads unless you are selling as a package deal. It will help improve the search function plus it will be easier to manage when the item has been sold. The only exception to this rule is the "Wiring, Electrical & Other Installation Equipment" forum, in that forum you may post multiple similar items in one thread, but you you need to keep the first post up to date with what is still available. For example: wire of different lengths/sizes can go in one thread but wire and connectors need to be separated.
6. Do not link to another forum or site where you have items listed, take the time and copy the information within your post and place them correctly into the template provided.
7. Once you have sold your item, you MUST click "
" which is located at the bottom of your original forsale thread.
8. Absolutely no off topic posts within any area other than the Off Topic Chat.
9. We prohibit non-supporting vendors from posting any sale information and/or bulk item sales without prior approval from staff.
10. We reserve the right to remove any posts or items without reason or warning; this is at our discretion and will only be done when absolutely necessary.
11. No nudity allowed in any section unless otherwise specified the only exception to this is the NWS section.
12. Advertising other sites or your own personal business (especially one for monetary gain) is not allowed in signature or within threads without prior approval from staff.
13. We will not mediate any dispute of products bought or sold here, which is between the buyer and the seller only.
14. To sell any item on CACO, the template provided must be filled out completely and without modification, also a picture must be provided with every item. If you do not follow the templates within all the classified sections or do not include the proper photos, your thread will be deleted.
15. If you have less than 5 iTrader seller and/or trader feedback then you MUST post your CACO user name and CURRENT date in a picture of the item for sale. POWER SELLERS are excluded from posting their username and date but are still required to post pictures. (Seller feedback means that you were the seller in the transaction within iTrader) EXAMPLE
16. Absolutely no post dumping will be allowed. this includes post not pertaining to BUYING the item. They will be deleted and you will receive either a verbal warning or an infraction, if the issues continue you will then be banned.
17. Do not reply to a thread that has had no activity for over three months. The standard practices are to pm the seller and inquire about the availability of the item.
18. Under NO circumstances is anyone to reply to a post suggesting that the item can be found cheaper elsewhere. That is the responsibility of the purchaser to look for the best deal - not for forum members to point out. Members are trying to sell their items in a safe environment without fear of others trying to undercut their sales, if you do have questions on the pricing please keep that to PMs.
19. No illegal materials, objects, or information will be allowed or sold on the site, this includes but is not limited to weapons, drugs, bootleg/pirated music and movies, also nudity without consent.
20. Any member selling/trading any item(s) on this board that accepts monies from another member without sending out the items purchased will have their membership removed from the site immediately and be listed in the Buyer BEWARE section.
21. CarAudioClassifieds.org does not promote/endorse any products listed for sale on this site.
22. No Additional political or religious discussions will be allowed (added 11/5/2008 )
23. No "Feelers", either you're selling or you're not. Items for sale require a price.
24. ABOLUTELY NO LOWBALLING, make reasonable offers through pm.
25. No racy or vulgar pictures in avatar or in signature, please use your best judgment or consult a staff member before posting something risqué.
26. No bumping topic within 24 hours of your last post within the classified sections unless changing price or updating availability.
27. Racist, religious, and ethnic discrimination or comments will get you an immediate permaban, NO EXCEPTIONS.
28. Use descriptive titles within the classified sections.
29. Do not ask for Paypal fee's
, it is against their rules and your topic will be removed.
30. If you are going to sell something you have to respond to questions within 48 hours or the thread will be closed.
31. I you have a general question to ask a staff member about a specific thread or post then use the
button in the top right of any post instead of contacting a specific staff member so it can be handled appropriately.
32. FYI - You must have 10 post for you to be allowed more than 1 pm in your box
. If you post "Why am I only allowed 1 pm in my box" or something similar you WILL be infracted because it will be obvious that you didn't read the rules. - Patrick Simmons (10/24/2009)
33. Vendors must support their forum and answer questions in their forum within 72hrs or risk their section being deleted with NO refund. Also if a vendor is caught samming or has some sketchy transaction/issue(s) or involvment then that vendors status will be revolked with NO REFUND!
34. There are only 2 ways to recieve access to the NWS Offtopic are: become a CACO Supporting member or get 500+ NON-SPAM post.
35. We do not tolerate any type of Rick-Roll or any other type of malicious attack and you will be banned immediately. [Added 7/24/10 - Patrick]
36. If you have an item for sale and you decide not to sell, or you sell it locally, you must mark the thread as
. Changing your mind in the middle of a sale is not acceptable.
37. Competitive recruitment is strictly prohibited on CACO. If you are caught trying to pull members of our site to an unaffiliated site, you will be banned.
38. Your actions on other forums are considered the same as though they happened on our site. If you bring negative attention to CACO on any other forum, you will be infracted, and possibly banned.
39. No pot stirring or drama trolling. If you are caught posting thread that shine a negative light on CACO, and you are continually found to be creating drama, you will be infracted, and could be banned
40. No asking for gifted payment
. In accordance with Paypal TOS no seller may ask for payment in form of a "gift". Any thread found to be in violation is subject to immediate deletion of thread. Staff will discuss any and all actions to be taken against the member depending on circumstances.
41. We require that all new Caraudioclassifieds.org members be an upgraded member in order to sell on our forum
. You can do so by clicking here:Click Here to Upgrade Your CACO Account Today!
42. Non-vendor members are not permitted to use a company logo, image, or name as an avatar.
-There are just as many unwritten rules as there are written. If the staff asks you to do make a change to ANYTHING on this forum, you must comply. If you do not, you might be infracted
- To keep an eye on your thread (subscribe if necessary) and respond to people replying to your post.
- To package your items to ensure they are not damaged during shipping.
Our community is tech and sales savvy!
We normally don't have problems...but we have added these rules in this forum to explain proper etiquette when buying, selling or trading items.