SCV 3000D dyno by BigDwiz - Page 4 - Car Audio Classifieds!
Car Audio Classifieds!  

Go Back   Car Audio Classifieds! > Vendors > (Sundown Audio)

(Sundown Audio) Sundown Audio's Online Forum

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2018, 12:12 PM
New CACO Member

Activity Longevity
0/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss83
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

I think that's the trade in program?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-02-2018, 10:31 AM
vendor

Activity Longevity
1/20 19/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss11702
Thanked 2,838 Times in 1,451 Posts
Feedback Score: 18 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdsa23 View Post
can you explain what the " 5-year discounted replacement" is?

Also will you check on all the other amps in your line up to make sure they are doing what they should?

We are doing / publishing Dyno tests on all of our amps on the "Sundown Audio Unofficial" YouTube channel -- Derrick (our shipping guy) is doing this all on his own, hence, the Unofficial tag.

Here is the 5-year discounted replacement warranty text:

"Sundown Audio also offers a 5-Year "discounted replacement" policy on all of our speakers. We are so certain of the quality of our equipment that even if you are at fault for causing damage to your speaker we will offer you a new unit at a reduced cost for a full 5-years from your purchase date. Contact us via our RMA form to take advantage of this offer. This offer applies only to the original purchaser of the unit and is not transferable. As is the case with standard warranty claims the return must be sent with a copy of the original invoice or receipt."

"During any RMA process (warranty or non-warranty) we will offer the customer an opportunity to upgrade and/or exchange to a different model. This is part of the 5-Year "discounted replacement" plan meaning it is not limited to exchanging for the same product. Depending on what exchange is taking place there may be additional charges. These charges can be calculated by our RMA staff after we receive your return. This is yet another way that Sundown Audio is determined to ensure the satisfaction of our customers!"

So... for example. You have an SCV-2000D that you bought 3-years ago and it's blown. You fill out an RMA form, get it sent in to us, and we will offer you a price that is less than buying a new amp for a current model -- currently the SAE-2000D and/or an upgraded model... say you want an SCV-4000D now instead. So your blown amplifier still has a credit value towards a new product.

-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

- My PMS are disabled... email me --
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following User Says Thank You to sundownz For This Useful Post:
DirtySouthWookie (08-03-2018)
Old 08-02-2018, 10:33 AM
vendor

Activity Longevity
1/20 19/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss11702

https://www.youtube.com/user/Derrick824/videos

Currently he has published the following Dyno tests:

SAE-1000D v.2
SAE-1500D
SAE-2000D
SCV-4000D
SAM-350D Prototype (will not be made)
SAM-500D Prototype (will be made)
SAZ-1500D v.1 (from 2006)

And more to come

-

DirtySouthWookie (08-03-2018)

Old 08-02-2018, 10:56 AM
The One U Love 2 Hate

Activity Longevity
0/20 20/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2942
Feedback Score: 8 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by sundownz View Post
My current theory is that the build-house mixed up some of our specs and reduced the rail voltage on the 3000D model at some point during it's production life -- which has no impact on the quality, reliability, or the build cost of the amps. Of course... in 12-years doing business I've never had them do something like that so I had no reason to re-do our own Dyno; thus I assumed the amp Big D had initially was messed up and I, of course, defended our product based on every test we had ever done on it / the actual design spec of the product.

Of course I can't get all the answers I need as fast as the internet can spread negativity... so I haven't been able to get an old unit to measure rail voltage as of yet.
I am not in any way bashing you or your products but that sounds like a cop out.....

Old 08-02-2018, 12:30 PM
vendor

Activity Longevity
1/20 19/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss11702

Quote:
Originally Posted by only126db View Post
I am not in any way bashing you or your products but that sounds like a cop out.....
In what way ?

What reason would I have to "make up" our original SCV-3000D tests but not any of the other models we've ever sold / currently sell ?

There is literally no logical reason for me to do that. Zero.

We did a Dyno on the original amp run of SCV-3000Ds, Nick @ IA did a dyno on one as well, and also TaylorFade can tell you he tested one of the original amps -- all of them confirm exactly what I said.

From there there is also no logical reason for me to REQUEST a change to any of the specs on the amp to *decrease* it's power output. Again, what sense does that make? None at all.

-

Last edited by sundownz; 08-02-2018 at 01:32 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sundownz For This Useful Post:
05TRAILBLAZER (06-08-2019), DirtySouthWookie (08-03-2018)
Old 08-02-2018, 02:15 PM
The One U Love 2 Hate

Activity Longevity
0/20 20/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2942

Quote:
In what way ?

What reason would I have to "make up" our original SCV-3000D tests but not any of the other models we've ever sold / currently sell ?

There is literally no logical reason for me to do that. Zero.

We did a Dyno on the original amp run of SCV-3000Ds, Nick @ IA did a dyno on one as well, and also TaylorFade can tell you he tested one of the original amps -- all of them confirm exactly what I said.

From there there is also no logical reason for me to REQUEST a change to any of the specs on the amp to *decrease* it's power output. Again, what sense does that make? None at all.
As far as I have heard.... From u..... You test all your equipment before it goes out, wouldnt output be one of those tests?

I actually made a comment on your yardsale ad (I believe) where I stated it would be impossible to test each item before it went out since you are a smaller company and to keep costs low and then you said you have a couple full time employees which did just that....( I was impressed by that statement).

Now with the comment you made basically blaming the build house which seems like a cop out when in a round about way you pointed out some quirks in QC on your end by not doing a batch test at least for output.

Thats what seems like a cop out....they did it, not my fault, cant blame me....

Now if the build house did mess up and cheat you and your customers.....

I wish it was you that found it out by your own in place QC rather than a guy on YouTube pointing something out....

Thats what seems to have happened but I dont know for sure because I did not do the testing and so lets hope Big D messed up somewhere or got a single bad amp....

The Following User Says Thank You to only126db For This Useful Post:
tdsa23 (09-21-2018)
Old 08-02-2018, 03:29 PM
vendor

Activity Longevity
1/20 19/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss11702

Quote:
Originally Posted by only126db View Post
As far as I have heard.... From u..... You test all your equipment before it goes out, wouldnt output be one of those tests?

I actually made a comment on your yardsale ad (I believe) where I stated it would be impossible to test each item before it went out since you are a smaller company and to keep costs low and then you said you have a couple full time employees which did just that....( I was impressed by that statement).

Now with the comment you made basically blaming the build house which seems like a cop out when in a round about way you pointed out some quirks in QC on your end by not doing a batch test at least for output.

Thats what seems like a cop out....they did it, not my fault, cant blame me....

Now if the build house did mess up and cheat you and your customers.....

I wish it was you that found it out by your own in place QC rather than a guy on YouTube pointing something out....

Thats what seems to have happened but I dont know for sure because I did not do the testing and so lets hope Big D messed up somewhere or got a single bad amp....

No, we do not do a dyno on every single amp -- that amount of testing wouldn't be possible.

Every single amp is unpackaged, inspected, hooked up to a head-unit and woofers, played at various volume levels, knobs turned to make sure they work, and re-packaged before shipment. A few hundred watts, e.g. a few tenths of a dB, wouldn't be something a tester will hear.

I've been selling amps for 12-years and I've never had something changed that affects power output without my requesting it (at most the brand of capacitors will be changed). Therefore we simply do dyno (or back in the day clamp) testing on the prototypes, first batch, and any units we may be using in our SPL vehicles and call it a day.

That being said -- we are going to START doing a test on every new batch since this has surfaced.

Of course, frankly, as TaylorFade also pointed out... it's been completely blown out of proportion. The amp still does 3kw as it claims to do -- just not the extra beyond that we intended. The difference is also not audible compared to what we originally measured on the first units. Even still... it's obviously not something we want to happen so we are going to do actual dyno testing on every single batch going forward.

Also... since for some reason this has exploded into conspiracy theories on social media I am trying to track down a 2014 model SCV-3000D to put an end to the debate about what happened. I am pretty confident it's as simple as the rail voltage being reduced as I have theorized... but I am going to verify it 100%

-

Last edited by sundownz; 08-02-2018 at 03:36 PM.
05TRAILBLAZER (08-03-2018)
Old 08-02-2018, 07:54 PM
The One U Love 2 Hate

Activity Longevity
0/20 20/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2942

Quote:
No, we do not do a dyno on every single amp -- that amount of testing wouldn't be possible.

Every single amp is unpackaged, inspected, hooked up to a head-unit and woofers, played at various volume levels, knobs turned to make sure they work, and re-packaged before shipment. A few hundred watts, e.g. a few tenths of a dB, wouldn't be something a tester will hear.

I've been selling amps for 12-years and I've never had something changed that affects power output without my requesting it (at most the brand of capacitors will be changed). Therefore we simply do dyno (or back in the day clamp) testing on the prototypes, first batch, and any units we may be using in our SPL vehicles and call it a day.

That being said -- we are going to START doing a test on every new batch since this has surfaced.

Of course, frankly, as TaylorFade also pointed out... it's been completely blown out of proportion. The amp still does 3kw as it claims to do -- just not the extra beyond that we intended. The difference is also not audible compared to what we originally measured on the first units. Even still... it's obviously not something we want to happen so we are going to do actual dyno testing on every single batch going forward.

Also... since for some reason this has exploded into conspiracy theories on social media I am trying to track down a 2014 model SCV-3000D to put an end to the debate about what happened. I am pretty confident it's as simple as the rail voltage being reduced as I have theorized... but I am going to verify it 100%
True it made 3004w and I wasnt bashing it or any of your equipment, it was just the statement pointing the finger elsewhere and being so defensive that made me think cop out was never stating you purposefully did or told anyone to do anything which would effect output or quality of your products.

If you look back in my thread you will see where I stated your products are great, it was just the surprise of the Orions output that even got me to respond to this topic.

From when Sundown came on the scene everyone was impressed and all your products put out or handled more than they were rated and all your customers appreciate it I am sure.

I myself have been debating making a purchase of some of your products but I just had to drop $1300 on a transmission so I had to go the lesser expensive route and try to rebuild my old subs.

So now whomever reads this I want you to know I am not bashing Sundown, the products or the owner or his staff, so lets keep that clear. (we know how things can get twisted from an interpretation by another individual and)

Good luck with the build house and determining who what when and why things may have changed....

The Following User Says Thank You to only126db For This Useful Post:
tdsa23 (09-21-2018)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement