1993 Lincoln Continental System/Motor swap - Car Audio Classifieds!
Car Audio Classifieds!  

Go Back   Car Audio Classifieds! > Car Audio Help & Discussion > Build Logs > Uninterrupted Build Logs

Uninterrupted Build Logs This build log section is just for the member to post pictures and descriptions of their work without the chatter.

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2009, 11:38 AM
Elite Member

Activity Longevity
0/20 18/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1741
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Default 1993 Lincoln Continental System/Motor swap

I just bought a 1993 Lincoln Continental. It has a blown motor which i am going to swap out for another. I dont have the donor yet, hopefully soon ill have it. Other than the motor the car appears to be in very nice condition for the most part. And i got it for a good price so im happy with it. This build log will be for both the system build up, and the motor swap. So will have pics of both things. I do not have the complete system for the car yet. I do have the two DD 9515's that will go in it, but will wait to get an amp. This will be slowly updated due to not having all pieces yet.

Ill start off with some pics of the car. Not a huge fan of the color, but the body is nice with very little rust. Sorry not the best pics, it was just after i got it.

Im hoping it looks decent with tinted windows, with the color it has. Dont think ill be able to afford getting it painted so im stuck with the color for now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-17-2009, 11:43 AM
Elite Member

Activity Longevity
0/20 18/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1741

For the temporary deck it will just have a sony..

Here is the opening for the radio, with the RCA's and remote wire ready.

Since im only needing 3 wires hooked up, im not going to buy a harness for the car, just splice into the 3 power wires that i need. But i do still gotta splice into the power antenna wire, and dimmer wire i want to use also, which isnt done yet but i will eventually.

Last edited by westman995; 08-17-2009 at 11:48 AM.
Old 08-17-2009, 11:44 AM
Elite Member

Activity Longevity
0/20 18/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1741

I have the power wires and stuff sitting around, so i figure i may as well run that for now, tho the car doesnt run, it will.

The 1/0 Knu KLMX power wire

Through the firewall

Running it under the carpet

The wire is ran and un-noticable I know, its dirty. Not worth cleaning while its being worked on right now cuz it will get the same way by the time its driven anyways.

And finally coming through the trunk

Old 08-17-2009, 12:35 PM
Elite Member

Activity Longevity
0/20 18/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1741

The deck is in and looks decent. It would look alot better with a trim ring around the radio, but i dont have one, and im pretty sure it wouldnt fit with the cars trim around the radio either. The sweet thing is the deck has the tilt face so i can angle it nicely, since the dash in these cars are pointed downwards. When i upgrade decks, angle face is definitly a must have on the specs list now.

Old 08-17-2009, 02:10 PM
Elite Member

Activity Longevity
0/20 18/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1741

I tore the engine apart in the car, in hopes of just needing head gaskets. Since these motors are all known to blow head gaskets, unless they got the new better head gaskets from ford. Well, the motor doesnt look great so im gona replace it instead. Here are a couple pics of the motor.. As you can tell it doesnt look good. Will be posting more pics once i get the donor car/motor and do the swap.

Old 08-18-2009, 02:39 PM
Elite Member

Activity Longevity
0/20 18/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1741

This is the temporary 4 channel. I know, its a piece of shit wal mart amp. I honestly dont care tho. It amplifies my speakers, and does good for the cheap thing it is. And im not after SQ right now anyways, nor do i have good speakers, So does a great job for what it is and what its being used for.

I left the plastic cover on top from when it was new, and just now took it off. It looks brand new now ha.. I know the wiring is a big mess. I wont get that cleaned up til i figure out exactly how the trunk set up will be, as far as where ill mount the amps, subs, distro blocks etc.
Old 08-30-2009, 08:01 PM
Elite Member

Activity Longevity
0/20 18/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1741

Just a couple pics of it as i was getting that damn thing in there. Was a ton of work. I didnt really get many pics of the swap process cuz i was pretty busy, and was pretty frustrated working on fwd cars. You can see it still had the chains on it so it wasnt mounted yet. Not very fun trying to get that sucker in there.

Old 08-30-2009, 08:02 PM
Elite Member

Activity Longevity
0/20 18/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1741

Got it mounted in the car, not everything hooked up but atleast it was mounted in there haha
Old 08-30-2009, 08:05 PM
Elite Member

Activity Longevity
0/20 18/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1741

Here she is, pretty much everything hooked up and running. Needs a little more work still. Gauges arent quite working. The oil pressure, battery, and temp gauge is not working for some reason. And the cooler fan for the radiator doesnt turn on unless i unplug the temp sensor or turn the AC on.. Gotta figure those things out still now. Read that the connections on the digital dash being dirty can cause some problems so gona take that apart and clean it up. Prolly eventually clean the under hood up a little bit..

Old 08-30-2009, 08:09 PM
Elite Member

Activity Longevity
0/20 18/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1741

And there she is.. She runs and drives fine so far. Trans seems to work great, which i was a little scared wouldnt work or something after i got the motor in haha.. But works good.

I think it would look really nice with tint. Legal is only 50% here so that really sucks. Dono how it will look with light tint.. Dont wana get it dark and get a bunch of shit from the cops either tho.

Was going to try some 13" spokes on it, but the damn adapters didnt fit, apparently theyre for the chevy, buick and i dono what else. Either way, took front wheel off and lowered it a little and set the 13 on there, it looks really nice IMO.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement