DISCOUNTED Rubber Infused Box Coating - Car Audio Classifieds!
Car Audio Classifieds!  

Go Back   Car Audio Classifieds! > Car Audio Classifieds Marketplace - Rules Strictly Enforced > Wiring, Electrical & Other Installation Equipment

Wiring, Electrical & Other Installation Equipment Wiring, sound damping, used enclosures or anything else that can be used to finish installs go here.

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2011, 09:11 PM
Loyal Member

Activity Longevity
0/20 19/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1530
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Default DISCOUNTED Rubber Infused Box Coating

[B]1. Product:

Vibration Reducing Box Coating...30+ gallons

This is not a truck bed liner, it is specifically designed for wood. Bed liner will not withstand box flex without cracking like this will. View the first and second videos to see. This will not completely stop the box from flexing, but it will help.

2. Specs:

Essentially, this stuff is practical and useful. It dries black. the 2 ways I have tested it are with a second skin spray gun, and with a foam paint brush. My preferred way is to use the spray gun, but a foam brush works well, too. 2 coatings of each. Mix it before using it!

3. Description/Condition:
umm...brand new?

1 gallon will do roughly a 5cu ft box inside and out
50-60 sq ft coverage

4. Price:
55/gallon shipped THE NEXT 10 GALLONS discount, gone! GONE.

30/half gal shipped NEXT (2) HALF GALLONs, discount gone!

230/5gal shipped 5 GAL BUCKET SOLD! discount over for this!

5. Pictures:

Demo: How durable, flex resistant, flexible, and repairable the box coating is. - YouTube

flexible box coating - YouTube

just tested with a foam brush tonight. this is the outcome:

my friend's box with the gun:

my personal box done with the gun:

some playing around I've done for different colors. contact me before doing this

** DO NOT DELETE ANYTHING BELOW THIS LINE OR THREAD WILL BE DELETED **
-----------------------------------------------

This message is automatically inserted in all classified threads.

Please be advised, all buyers and sellers should satisfy themselves that the other party is genuine by providing the following via PM to each other after negotiations are complete and prior to dispatching goods and making payment:

1) Telephone number. Call the number back at a unspecified time and make sure that it is the person's correct phone number.

2) Name and address including postal code

3) Valid e-mail address. Send an e-mail requesting a response to information about the deal being made.

DO NOT proceed with a deal until you are completely satisfied with all details being correct. It's in your best interest to check out these details yourself.

If transaction was completed on CACO, please use iTrader to record feedback.

Potential buyers/seller should check iTrader feedback also before continuing transaction.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Still love Singer alts, but due to lack of time with my current job, had to back out of forum rep. Sorry guys!

Last edited by slamnride; 05-19-2012 at 10:29 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-31-2011, 09:32 PM
Loyal Member

Activity Longevity
0/20 19/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1530

I've gotten water on it. I discussed this with ant, and eventually, water would penetrate it, but not within minutes. I may test it this weekend.

Paintable, sure. the 3 different colors in the last picture, the one on the far right that's silver, thats a result of painting. the gray one is a result of mixing paint in.

cant do trades right now, need money

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Still love Singer alts, but due to lack of time with my current job, had to back out of forum rep. Sorry guys!
Old 12-31-2011, 09:47 PM
Loyal Member

Activity Longevity
0/20 19/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1530

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekernal123 View Post
Can i put this the roof of my car?
its designed optimally for wood. I cant say that it would stick to metal even if I tested it, because that's not what it was designed for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewtexas123 View Post
Sell half a gallon?
May consider selling half gallons sometime soon...have a few half gallon containers, but would need to buy more before I could officially do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pieper View Post
So, It's designed to be put on the outside of the enclosure?
outside and/or inside. I have it on both for mine.

Old 12-31-2011, 09:54 PM
Loyal Member

Activity Longevity
0/20 19/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1530

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor660 View Post
OK here's the deal... my trunk leaks water... I want a coating i can use on my box's that will prevent the wood from getting damaged..

the leak isnt horrable.. just a little something to protect.. this kinda looks like roll on bedliner..
this is much different from a bed liner. Many people mistake it for a bedliner. In the video at the top, it shows the flexibility. A bedliner would never be able to do that.

I cannot guarentee that it would keep your box perfectly safe, but it is water resistent and most certainly would help keep the water off. If you wiped it off when there was water on it, it would be fine. If you let it sit in water, id say that's a bad thing.

Old 12-31-2011, 11:53 PM
Loyal Member

Activity Longevity
0/20 19/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1530

found:

Quote:
Quote:
So is this purely for cosmetic appeal or does it offer something more? What would be the benefit of using this, say over, Fleckstone spray paints? Thanks.

Designed for cosmetics and durability, but since it an acrylic blend, it will reduce vibrations to some extent. NOT nearly as good as our Spectrum or Sludge noise coatings but it will help.

Last edited by slamnride; 01-02-2012 at 12:37 PM.
Old 01-31-2012, 04:18 PM
Loyal Member

Activity Longevity
0/20 19/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1530

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlstrass View Post
Quote:
It was designed to go on the box and be flexible to move with the box, but to reduce the overall movement of the box
can you explain that as it makes NO sense?
this makes perfect sense. Its COMMON sense! put this on the box....the box is less likely to flex. however,it has latex in it. it is flexible. for example...the cup I put it in...the cup does not bend as easily anymore...but when it does bend, the coating sticks on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlstrass View Post
Quote:
its designed optimally for wood. I cant say that it would stick to metal even if I tested it, because that's not what it was designed for

I put it in a friends xterra a few months ago because he loads his bike in and out a lot...it still looks brand new
So you put it over the paint in the bed and it stuck fine? So will it work as bedliner or not as that's what I'm looking for?
the paint in the bed of what? where are you reading this?!?
this is a box coating, not a bedliner. this is designed for wood. do not use it as a bedliner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma311 View Post
Does this stuff dry hard? Like rhino liner.. or easy to peal off, kinda like the 3M Rubber coating?
no...I dont think there is a possible way to get it off...maybe sand it? but I could see a million things going wrong with that, too.

Last edited by slamnride; 01-31-2012 at 04:36 PM.
Old 02-18-2012, 10:53 PM
Can you hear me now?

Activity Longevity
0/20 18/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss898
Feedback Score: 14 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Audio View Post
My question is how far can this stuff go? Meaning......If I were to only get a 1/2 gallon how much area would that cover?
1 gallon will do roughly a 5cu ft box inside and out

I would say 2.5cuft

Old 02-19-2012, 03:00 AM
Loyal Member

Activity Longevity
0/20 19/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1530

1 gallon covers 50-60 sq ft. 1/2 gallon covers 25-30 sq ft

from there, just calculate panel size in your box

Old 02-20-2012, 01:19 AM
Elite Member

Activity Longevity
0/20 18/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3682
Feedback Score: 51 reviews

What's shelf life on this stuff? ..... in whatever u ship it in?... does it dry out bad or what...and can i get a 40$ gallon still
3cubes net @ 30hz
NENDO 3KWP @ .5 ohm

TEAM FUK YO COUCH
Old 02-29-2012, 02:52 AM
CACO Member

Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss158
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Interesting stuff. What's the texture like once it's dried? Is it super rough like bed-liner, or still rubbery feeling? Maybe something like the soft spongey material on playgrounds?
Misc- Big 3 in Stinger HPM, Power wire AT 1/0 CCA, and AT 60 mil deadener
Sponsored Links
Advertisement