Car Audio Classifieds! banner

Alex's Silverado

33K views 328 replies 39 participants last post by  adulbrich 
#1 · (Edited)
For those of you who don't know, my truck is a 2007 Silverado 1500 classic with the Z71 package. I'll be re-doing the decals soon

I just finished tearing down my old box today and got my wood for the next one:

^That's what 50 8' 2x4's and two 4x8 sheets of birch plywood look like

Here are my mids and highs:

There are only 4 mids, not 8. They're sitting by the mirror in my room because that area had the best lighting for a picture. Just wanted to clear that up before there were questions.

Mids are sundown neopro 8's. Will be doing two in each front door

Highs are Crescendo FT-1's. When I have more money, I may buy another pair so I can run 2 per door.

Mids/highs amp is an Ampere 125.4 that's a little dusty and has some red polyester fiberglass resin. I still need to clean it up before re-installing it.

Also have some Audio Technix deadener left for the passenger door. Already deadened the driver's side.

Most of you probably know what I'm doing for my substage and amp.

Three 21" Incriminator Warden v1's on an Ampere TFE 8.0. I’ve got one Warden and the TFE. The other two subs should get here next week! The pic doesn’t do justice. They’re massive.....

Electrical is the same as my last build. I've got the stock alternator and battery running everything stock plus my mids/highs amp.

I have a dedicated 370 amp Singer hairpin alternator to charge my battery bank in the back, which consists of five Exide Edge group 49 AGM's. I’ll hopefully save up for another 370 amp hairpin by Christmas time.

Construction on my wall starts tomorrow because I’ve got the day off of school :)

My cat loves the Ampere box, haha

See less See more
#5 ·
Thanks, lol. Definitely going to be the loudest sound system to come trough our highschool. Everybody else has stuff like Kicker and Rockford Fosgate, lol.

Hopefully I'll get some decent work done with the wall tomorrow and update this with pics.

decals are like a sign saying hey $$$ in here steal me
Yep, I know. I've got a top of the line alarm, locking tailgate, and several anti-theft precautions I'm not going to mention. The average thief won't be able to take my stuff.

If the cat approves, I'm sure you will be good. (Most of my family has CAT for our initials <- Fun fact)
Lol, yes. Thanks for the interesting fact!

#6 ·
Whoops, edited the first post. I'm going to be running three 21" wardens. The other two should be here next week

#15 ·
I'll take you up on that if you still have it when I can afford it! :hello:

#20 ·
Nope, truth

dibs on the dual alt bracket :nod: remember that one guy on CA who said he'd sell me his? well never heard back lol
I'd sell if to you right now if I had money for more alternators and a quad bracket, but I don't :(

If I made a gofundme, would anyone contribute? lol

There you go Alex. Sell him your bracket then buy mine :thumbsup: I'm sick of looking at it lol
No money for more alternators right now :(

#19 ·
It started raining, so I figured I'd take a quick pic of my progress and update my build logs. One side is almost done :)

The white caulk in the background was there from my last build. I'm salvaging the floor and back panels. I'll scrape it off before I resin the corner and side wall

Those are 2x4's turned sideways. The side is 3" of solid wood. Glued and screwed, plus will be covered with resin inside and out. Very sturdy to say the least

#22 ·
I may do that in the future, but I really don't have any more money right now.

That was Brazilian "15k" though. I ran my "20k" with just a 370 amp alt and had absolutely no visible voltage drop even at idle going full tilt.

I bet this Ampere TFE pulls more current than my Taramps 20.2kw did

#28 ·
Nice, keep it up!
Nice to see a young man with passion, I see way too many passives these days for comfort in our future.
You kinda remind me of myself at your age. I had a DJ business in the late 80's and early 90's BEFORE I was 16, I used to have my mom or employees parents (they had a minivan) drive us to HS dances, fund raisers, weddings (only a few,) etc.
I only went backward in life when I was in a car accident and I didn't work for 2 years due to disability.
I got lost for quite a while, but I'm back now, thankfully.
Point being, you are young and besides being a wise ass sometimes, have a good mind.
Sad fact is people like you are rare to find all too often in this age.

Ok, ego stroking is over. :hello:

#29 ·
Lol, thanks. I work at Kmart :disgust: I don't know why I even bother making a caraudio.com build log anymore. :angry7:

It's a good thing somebody is stroking my ego. My girl won't be for a while :crybaby2: (if ever again) but that's beside the point :hello:

#33 ·
I got the driver's side done today. I'm happy with how it turned out. wood at the top is the same length as the ones in the middle, but they're tapered inwards because of the window. That's why they look shorter from this angle

#35 ·
I've seen it done both ways, and figured I'd try each. The driver's side horizontal was wayyyyyy easier and feels stronger. I will be doing it again that way in the future if I do another wall.

Both sides and the bottom are done. I'm going to add a layer of 2x4's to the back before I call it good. Then I've just got the top, port, and front baffle to do.

Running RCA's to the bed is going to be a pain. Haven't exactly decided how I'm going to do that since I can't get to my rear cab vents anymore :(

#36 ·
I didn't get any more work done on the wall today, but I did get the other two Wardens :)

#38 ·
Haven't built the baffle yet. Going to be two layers of 3/4 inch birch and a layer of 2x4's. Tuning will be 25hz

#41 ·
Two behind the driver's seat one on top of eachother and one in the middle above the center console

def tuned in for this!!! nice to see another big build in a truck, usually everyone buys a van or some sort of suv.... love the build so far man!!!
Thanks!

#43 ·
Finally made it up to the top, but the handle in the corner was tricky

#48 ·
I'm going to make the baffle in these steps:

1. Cut the first baffle out of birch that the subs mount to

2. Mount the first baffle

3. Build up a wall of 2x4's on the inside

4. Cut the outside baffle that goes around the outside of the subs and mount it

The subs will be recessed in the second baffle

I've gotten more work done, but haven't had time to upload pics. I've got to apply for scholarships right now and then go to work. More tomorrow

#49 ·
damn man awesome equipment and awesome build, im tuned in for sure

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.