Car Audio Classifieds! banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
fast and simple,a tutorial on how to put youtube videos on caco as a player, not a link

as simple as it may be, theres a few ways to put vids on here, and not everyone knows how...so lets begin!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For this tutorial, ill use a video of EXO'S
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Step 1, find the video you want on youtube....it can NOT be a mobile link, it has to be from the normal youtube site or it will not imbed... well use this video...

Step 2, we need the url... copy it from the bar like so....

Step 3, go to caco where you want to post it...ill use a blank form to show the rest...click in the post and paste the link...

Step 4, get rid of http:// .... now it should look like this

Step 5, you can post it OR, i prefer to preview the post to make sure i didnt leave a space between letters or mess up the url... so ill preview it...

Step 6, whoot, it worked!
---------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: if you post a video as a quick reply like the picture below......

and then use "post quick reply", IT MAY SHOW UP AS A LINK...dont panic.... refresh the page, and look at your post...if you posted the link (a correct link) then it will show up as a player.

ENJOY!

·
Premium Member
14,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Any tips for embedding on a mobile device?
usually if your in the app, you can tap the screen and the action buttons appear with a symbol like this
(not the green part)

click that then whatever app you use for texting...then copy the link except for the hhtp:// part and paste it here

if you use your phones browser and it doesn't take you to the full site, there a share link there or change viewing modes in your browser so it takes you to full site

all in all, a slight PITA on mobile

·
Registered
351 Posts
Yeah I've been trying the share link, tried copying the code and adding &featurenat the end like other forums I've been on, nothing seems to work. Finally figured out how to get to desktop version on my phone but if I try to post more then one vid at a time it just changes them all to the first vid. Lol at least I can do one at a time now. Thanks Jeff

·
Premium Member
14,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah I've been trying the share link, tried copying the code and adding &featurenat the end like other forums I've been on, nothing seems to work. Finally figured out how to get to desktop version on my phone but if I try to post more then one vid at a time it just changes them all to the first vid. Lol at least I can do one at a time now. Thanks Jeff
yes it does that jack ass video copy crap all the time

when you do the share link then copy the url I always copied just after http:// and you have to stop just before the & symbol... so between http:// & you keep

·
Registered
1 Posts
There was once a blind man who had so fine a sense of touch that, when any animal was put into his hands, he could tell what it was merely by the feel of it. One day the cub of a wolf was put into his hands, and he was asked what it was. He felt it for some time, and then said, "Indeed, I am not sure whether it is a wolf's cub or a fox's: but this I know -- it would never do to trust it in a sheepfold."
eCommerce website and directories

1 - 9 of 9 Posts