Car Audio Classifieds! banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have 2 w7 10's, and the surround rotted. now my dilemna is trying to fix or sell them. I read that the coil has to be like 2.75in or something odd like that. So my question is, would anyone buy them for the motors? and if so how much would they be worth? JL wants $220 each to rebuild them(even though its just the surround they need) lol.

·
время ре
7,110 Posts
I would only do the 12w7, as it comes with a 3" coil...

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well is it pretty much "unsellable" because it doesnt have a normal coil? im wondering what i should do with them.

·
время ре
7,110 Posts
You would need custom coils most likely

·
время ре
7,110 Posts
econowind

·
время ре
7,110 Posts
Make some calls, and hook up the OP! :)

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No man forget that lol, there are people who somehow can get "OEM" coils!

I know of a guy who gets the 3" W7 ones but not sure about the 10s, what size are they?
im not sure but i know they are not 3 inch. its like 2.75 or somthing like that. those crafty bastards at JL!

·
время ре
7,110 Posts
Before you throw them away, start a thread in the WTB section and see what's up :dontknow:

·
время ре
7,110 Posts
Haha!

I agree :)

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
lol i wont throw them out. ill do some searching and what not and if i cant find anything im going to call jl every ten minutes and requesting surrounds. im sure one of the couple hundred ppl there may help me out!

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
give me a second for pics. there nothing left though, they just disintigrated so i cleaned them off. they are old dub 7s.

·
Registered
6,135 Posts
Alright well know that if you want a new coil it is because you have to tear the subwoofer down then throw the basket, and use a standard basket/surround/parts then drill holes for the bolts of the motor pattern(nothing big though), and if you need the coil you can try Resko1 at caraudio.com he is the person that i know has 3" ones, you can try asking for 10" ones(you know what i mean lol).

really? You may have a different coil density then. I think i remember that some had wider gaps then others.

1 - 20 of 91 Posts