Car Audio Classifieds! banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok so I recently upgraded from a 1000w solo baric 15" to a
2500w Fi neo 3.9 15".
Hooked up my kicker 46cxa1800.1 and am clipping with a out put of only 27.9v.
I thought that the solo baric wasnt what it was supposed to be but why would it be clipping. I know the lower the gain the better but it's like quiet . Embarrassing quiet considering the sub I got sticking up out the back of seat..... I spent a lot on this sub and would like to hag bit for years to come . I have a DD1+ ANd a owon oscilloscope. I honestly think I'm using the iscope wrong but any ideas or insight would be greatly appreciated 馃憤馃徏!!!
Hood Motor vehicle Light Automotive lighting Trunk
Hood Motor vehicle Light Automotive lighting Trunk

Registered
Ok so I recently upgraded from a 1000w solo baric 15" to a
2500w Fi neo 3.9 15".
Hooked up my kicker 46cxa1800.1 and am clipping with a out put of only 27.9v.
I thought that the solo baric wasnt what it was supposed to be but why would it be clipping. I know the lower the gain the better but it's like quiet . Embarrassing quiet considering the sub I got sticking up out the back of seat..... I spent a lot on this sub and would like to hag bit for years to come . I have a DD1+ ANd a owon oscilloscope. I honestly think I'm using the iscope wrong but any ideas or insight would be greatly appreciated 馃憤馃徏!!! View attachment 108067 View attachment 108067
If you are using a cheap HLC from a stock gead unit or a cheap bluetooth converter they both throw distortion.. This causes premature clipping and distortion both. If you need a really good cheap HLC use Kicker or Rockford Fosgate. The Kicker has an independent amp trip circuit built in.. Makes install easy. Hope thus helps

1 - 4 of 4 Posts